Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

My Documents folder

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=
 

Posts: n/a
My Documents folder
When you double click on win explorer in vista ultimate by default it opens
in an expanded My Documents folder.I know you can right click and collapse
the folder but would prefer if My Documents does not open in expanded
view.Any suuestions how to do this ?Thank You , Thomas
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2007
Keith Miller MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My Documents folder
The easiest thing to do is to create a shortcut to My Computer, your
UserProfile folder, or whatever location you prefer. You can then drag the
shortcut to the Quick Launch bar or pin it to the Start Menu.

If you want to modify the default shortcut found under:

"C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Win dows\Start
Menu\Programs\Accessories"

you can do so by editing the 'Target' command line found on the 'Shortcut'
tab in the Shortcut's 'Properties' dialog. More info on that here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152457


--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E1F28048-BF0E-4989-8B23-00C1F99D3A4C@microsoft.com...
> When you double click on win explorer in vista ultimate by default it
> opens
> in an expanded My Documents folder.I know you can right click and collapse
> the folder but would prefer if My Documents does not open in expanded
> view.Any suuestions how to do this ?Thank You , Thomas


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My Documents folder
Thank you so much.This worked and made my life easier.Thanks Thomas

"Keith Miller MVP" wrote:

> The easiest thing to do is to create a shortcut to My Computer, your
> UserProfile folder, or whatever location you prefer. You can then drag the
> shortcut to the Quick Launch bar or pin it to the Start Menu.
>
> If you want to modify the default shortcut found under:
>
> "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Win dows\Start
> Menu\Programs\Accessories"
>
> you can do so by editing the 'Target' command line found on the 'Shortcut'
> tab in the Shortcut's 'Properties' dialog. More info on that here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152457
>
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E1F28048-BF0E-4989-8B23-00C1F99D3A4C@microsoft.com...
> > When you double click on win explorer in vista ultimate by default it
> > opens
> > in an expanded My Documents folder.I know you can right click and collapse
> > the folder but would prefer if My Documents does not open in expanded
> > view.Any suuestions how to do this ?Thank You , Thomas

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
Keith Miller MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: My Documents folder
You're welcome.


--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2E7A1F07-C768-43BF-BF9B-E3804D4926E5@microsoft.com...
> Thank you so much.This worked and made my life easier.Thanks Thomas
>
> "Keith Miller MVP" wrote:
>
>> The easiest thing to do is to create a shortcut to My Computer, your
>> UserProfile folder, or whatever location you prefer. You can then drag
>> the
>> shortcut to the Quick Launch bar or pin it to the Start Menu.
>>
>> If you want to modify the default shortcut found under:
>>
>> "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Win dows\Start
>> Menu\Programs\Accessories"
>>
>> you can do so by editing the 'Target' command line found on the
>> 'Shortcut'
>> tab in the Shortcut's 'Properties' dialog. More info on that here:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152457
>>
>>
>> --
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Keith
>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>
>> "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E1F28048-BF0E-4989-8B23-00C1F99D3A4C@microsoft.com...
>> > When you double click on win explorer in vista ultimate by default it
>> > opens
>> > in an expanded My Documents folder.I know you can right click and
>> > collapse
>> > the folder but would prefer if My Documents does not open in expanded
>> > view.Any suuestions how to do this ?Thank You , Thomas

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Documents folder being emptied =?Utf-8?B?Y25jZ3V5MjAwMA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 1 03-19-2007 07:14
No Access to Documents and Settings Folder? Harry Krause microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-10-2007 20:17
Documents Folder Playing Up =?Utf-8?B?UFBL?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 3 03-09-2007 19:21
Deleted Documents Folder =?Utf-8?B?dGlwcGllMjAwMA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 08:42
Documents Folder and Link Redirecting =?Utf-8?B?Ym9ibmVlZHNoZWxw?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 2 02-28-2007 17:41




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120