"Send to" powertool

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

"Send to" powertool
All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power tool that
would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I can not
get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or how I
can get this to install?
Mike

Re: "Send to" powertool
Windows Explorer is a big disappointment in Vista.
"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power tool
> that
> would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I can
> not
> get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or
> how I
> can get this to install?

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

Re: "Send to" powertool
I actually found something online from a 3rd party that is working the same
way..it is not as clean as the old sendtox dll, but its called sendtotoys.

"Mike" wrote:

> Windows Explorer is a big disappointment in Vista.
> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power tool
> > that
> > would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I can
> > not
> > get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or
> > how I
> > can get this to install?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: "Send to" powertool
The PowerToys aren't available for Vista, yet.

This program is a good replacement for the Send To power toy. It is free and
has a good set of options to add places in the send to menu.

gabrieleponti.com
http://www.gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power tool
> that
> would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I can
> not
> get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or
> how I
> can get this to install?

Lee

Re: "Send to" powertool

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power tool
> that
> would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I can
> not
> get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or
> how I
> can get this to install?

There is a very handy "Copy to/Move to" any folder context addon written by
Kelly Theriot
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 45

Yes it works in Vista

Lee

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

Re: "Send to" powertool
Thanks everyone...I came across what may be a bug in Vista today. Has anyone
had their Aero Theme go away on restarts? I set mine to Aero and it loads and
works fine. All of a sudden, the display gets kinda funky along the taskbar,
the quicklaunch will move under the start button and clicking on buttons
stops working, and then the display changes to the Windows Standard Theme.
Dell updated my display adaptor but it still does the same thing. My card is
the highest sold, so I know its compatible. Dell saw it happen when they took
control of my computer. They are reporting it to MS.

"Lee" wrote:

> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power tool
> > that
> > would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I can
> > not
> > get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or
> > how I
> > can get this to install?

> There is a very handy "Copy to/Move to" any folder context addon written by
> Kelly Theriot
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 45
>
> Yes it works in Vista
>
> Lee

Lee

Vista display changes to the Windows Standard Theme was: Re: "Send to" powertool

> Thanks everyone...I came across what may be a bug in Vista today. Has
> anyone
> had their Aero Theme go away on restarts? I set mine to Aero and it loads
> and
> works fine. All of a sudden, the display gets kinda funky along the
> taskbar,
> the quicklaunch will move under the start button and clicking on buttons
> stops working, and then the display changes to the Windows Standard Theme.
> Dell updated my display adaptor but it still does the same thing. My card
> is
> the highest sold, so I know its compatible. Dell saw it happen when they
> took
> control of my computer. They are reporting it to MS.

You should start a new conversation for such a report Larry, rather than
tagging onto a different topic.

I suspect flaky Vista drivers for that video card, no matter how expensive
it was.

Lee

> "Lee" wrote:
>

>> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power
>> > tool
>> > that
>> > would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I
>> > can
>> > not
>> > get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or
>> > how I
>> > can get this to install?

>> There is a very handy "Copy to/Move to" any folder context addon written
>> by
>> Kelly Theriot
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 45
>>
>> Yes it works in Vista
>>
>> Lee

Mills Architect

Re: "Send to" powertool
I just downloaded the Gabriel SendTo toy. Pretty cool. Easy install. Seems
stable. Thx...

DMills

> The PowerToys aren't available for Vista, yet.
>
> This program is a good replacement for the Send To power toy. It is free
> and has a good set of options to add places in the send to menu.
>
> gabrieleponti.com
> http://www.gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html
>

> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> All of the previous versions of Windows supported a "send to" power tool
>> that
>> would allow you to browse where you wanted to copy/move a file to. I can
>> not
>> get the tool to install on Vista. Does anyone know of a similar tool or
>> how I
>> can get this to install?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: "Send to" powertool