Auto-Expand Folders

Trini

Auto-Expand Folders
Anyone knows, what registry key must I change to get folders at left
pane in explorer auto-expand, when I click on them?
Thanks.
mikeyhsd

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
click on the "+" by the folder name.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Trini" <trini@email.ee> wrote in message news:esPBocIaHHA.1508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Anyone knows, what registry key must I change to get folders at left
pane in explorer auto-expand, when I click on them?
Thanks.
Trini

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
Very funny 8-)

mikeyhsd wrote:
> click on the "+" by the folder name.
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net <mailto:mikeyhsd@comcast.net>
>

> "Trini" <trini@email.ee <mailto:trini@email.ee>> wrote in message
> Anyone knows, what registry key must I change to get folders at left
> pane in explorer auto-expand, when I click on them?
> Thanks.

Richard Urban

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
Click on the triangle to the left of the folder. Do you find that
objectionable? There is no auto expand available, nor would I want it.

It would take me an awful lot of scrolling to get to the bottom of the list.
I don't have much on my C: drive, yet I just checked (using Total Commander)
and have a total of 9005 folders/directories on C:.

No thank you to that suggestion!

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

> Very funny 8-)
>
> mikeyhsd wrote:
>> click on the "+" by the folder name.
>> mikeyhsd@comcast.net <mailto:mikeyhsd@comcast.net>
>>
>> "Trini" <trini@email.ee <mailto:trini@email.ee>> wrote in message
>> Anyone knows, what registry key must I change to get folders at left
>> pane in explorer auto-expand, when I click on them?
>> Thanks.

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
Num Lock On + * Expand all folders below the current selection

Also see Use Simple Folder View in Tools - Folder Options

You didn't actually say what you wanted (what does this mean - auto-expand).

"Trini" <trini@email.ee> wrote in message
> Anyone knows, what registry key must I change to get folders at left pane
> in explorer auto-expand, when I click on them?
> Thanks.

Trini

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
I ain't suggesting you anything. How you use your explorer is your own
business, now let me use mine how I want.
All I ask is how it's possible if it is. If not ,then simply I will look
for explorer replacement.
Have a nice day.

Richard Urban wrote:
> Click on the triangle to the left of the folder. Do you find that
> objectionable? There is no auto expand available, nor would I want it.
>
> It would take me an awful lot of scrolling to get to the bottom of the
> list. I don't have much on my C: drive, yet I just checked (using Total
> Commander) and have a total of 9005 folders/directories on C:.
>
> No thank you to that suggestion!

Trini

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
Hey, thanks a lot.
With auto-expand I ment when clicking on folder at left panel all
subfolders will open, so it's much easier to navigate between them
quickly if I need copy/move lot's of things to different locations.
Under XP it was possible to change that behaviour with registry setting,
so I simply had two registry files for that case, one for enabling it
and other disabling quickly. But those reg files won't do anything under
Vista.
Anyway ,your solution is good too, thanks for that tip.

.. wrote:
> Num Lock On + * Expand all folders below the current selection
>
> Also see Use Simple Folder View in Tools - Folder Options
>
> You didn't actually say what you wanted (what does this mean -
> auto-expand).
>
> "Trini" <trini@email.ee> wrote in message
>> Anyone knows, what registry key must I change to get folders at left
>> pane in explorer auto-expand, when I click on them?
>> Thanks.

Jeff Ingram

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
You know, you can also double click on the folder and it will expand that
subfolder beneath it......

Jeff

>I ain't suggesting you anything. How you use your explorer is your own
>business, now let me use mine how I want.
> All I ask is how it's possible if it is. If not ,then simply I will look
> for explorer replacement.
> Have a nice day.
>
> Richard Urban wrote:
>> Click on the triangle to the left of the folder. Do you find that
>> objectionable? There is no auto expand available, nor would I want it.
>>
>> It would take me an awful lot of scrolling to get to the bottom of the
>> list. I don't have much on my C: drive, yet I just checked (using Total
>> Commander) and have a total of 9005 folders/directories on C:.
>>
>> No thank you to that suggestion!

Trini

Re: Auto-Expand Folders
Yes, I know that I guess it just takes time to get used to that, I'm
sure after some time of usage I don't find it all so complicated anymore
Though, I'd expect that if I have chosen to open my folders with just
one mouse click, the one-click would also act same way at left panel of
explorer..