Scrolling Feature

Maurice

Scrolling Feature
I have seen Vista users go through folders and files in a manner much like
what one sees on an Apple MAC. There is a "3D" effects and the folders
appear in front of the desktop. Looking for the name of this feature and how
one does this. I am working with a Vista Ultimate machine.
R. C. White

Re: Scrolling Feature
Hi, Maurice.

Are you talking about what Microsoft calls "Flip 3-D"? If you have the
hardware and Vista version to support Aero, then there are several ways to
trigger this. Probably the easiest is to press <Start>+Tab.

If that doesn't work for you, or if it is not what you want, please post
back.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have seen Vista users go through folders and files in a manner much like
> what one sees on an Apple MAC. There is a "3D" effects and the folders
> appear in front of the desktop. Looking for the name of this feature and
> how
> one does this. I am working with a Vista Ultimate machine.

Maurice

Re: Scrolling Feature
Much thanks for the timely reply. Flip 3-D is what I sought. I have a
'Windows' keyboard but regrettably, I do not know what key represents
"start". This has two keys each with the microsoft logo. I've tried a
number of combinations with no success. Continued guidance sought

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Maurice.
>
> Are you talking about what Microsoft calls "Flip 3-D"? If you have the
> hardware and Vista version to support Aero, then there are several ways to
> trigger this. Probably the easiest is to press <Start>+Tab.
>
> If that doesn't work for you, or if it is not what you want, please post
> back.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1)
>
> "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have seen Vista users go through folders and files in a manner much like
> > what one sees on an Apple MAC. There is a "3D" effects and the folders
> > appear in front of the desktop. Looking for the name of this feature and
> > how
> > one does this. I am working with a Vista Ultimate machine.

R. C. White

Re: Scrolling Feature
Hi, Maurice.

Yes, the Windows logo key is labeled "Start" on my current keyboard
(Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard). Hold that key while pressing Tab.
Like using a Shift key to make capital letters. Or <Alt>+Tab to switch
windows. One short way to say it is to press <Win>+<Tab>. Unlike many key
combinations, though, as soon as you release the Start key, the Flip-3D
disappears. Hold down Start while you press and release Tab to make the
merry-go-round spin until you get to the window you want to use, then
release Start.

Pressing the Windows logo key alone should produce Vista's Start menu.

There are a lot of variations in keyboards! My several previous keyboards
each had two Windows logo keys, often called WinKey or just <Win>. My
current keyboard has only one and it has both a small Windows flag and the
word "Start".

RC