Outlook Express .DBX file import?

EECUL43

Outlook Express .DBX file import?
Can anyone advise how to import messages from an OE DBX file into Outlook
2007? OL 2007 only gets me as far as selecting the folder where the .DBX
file is located but then it says it hasn't found any messages to import.
Help please, there is information in these .DBX files that I need! The new
Windows Mail won't import the files either. Thanks all.

mikeyhsd

Re: Outlook Express .DBX file import?
check here to see if any thing will help.
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE/faqs/index.htm

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"EECUL43" <eecu43@comcast.net> wrote in message news:unl0%233BaHHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
Can anyone advise how to import messages from an OE DBX file into Outlook
2007? OL 2007 only gets me as far as selecting the folder where the ..DBX
file is located but then it says it hasn't found any messages to import.
Help please, there is information in these .DBX files that I need! The new
Windows Mail won't import the files either. Thanks all.

EECUL43

Re: Outlook Express .DBX file import?
I did not find an answer to my specific problem but thanks for the very
useful site. What I ended up doing with the DBX file I needed messages
extracted from was to open it (in OE) on a non-Vista PC and exported them to
a PST file, which I was then able to open in Outlook on my Vista PC. Thanks
again.

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@comcast.net> wrote in message
check here to see if any thing will help.
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE/faqs/index.htm

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"EECUL43" <eecu43@comcast.net> wrote in message
Can anyone advise how to import messages from an OE DBX file into Outlook
2007? OL 2007 only gets me as far as selecting the folder where the .DBX
file is located but then it says it hasn't found any messages to import.
Help please, there is information in these .DBX files that I need! The new
Windows Mail won't import the files either. Thanks all.

mikeyhsd

Re: Outlook Express .DBX file import?
glad you found something useful. its a good site for OE , not necessarily Outlook.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"EECUL43" <eecu43@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OHqJenJaHHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
[...]

GBorn

"EECUL43" <eecu43@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Can anyone advise how to import messages from an OE DBX file into Outlook
> 2007? OL 2007 only gets me as far as selecting the folder where the .DBX
> file is located but then it says it hasn't found any messages to import.
> Help please, there is information in these .DBX files that I need! The
> new Windows Mail won't import the files either. Thanks all.

Well, as far as I has read, you finally managed the import.

In global there are two things that prevents a proper import of Outlook
Express DBX files in WIndows Mail (or MS Outlook).

- First of all, it seem that sometimes missign access right on NTFS folders
prevents the import wizard to find the files. This can be overcome, if the
user takes the ownership of the OE message folder.

- Second I found a bug in the importer that causes from time to time a wrong
path to the import folder. The last folder name will be shown twice. This
may be fixed by re-opening the Browse dialog again and try to select the
import folder again.

After all I was able to import OE mail files into Windows Mail (and I guess
also, it will be imported in MS Outlook).

Regards

G. Born