search list destoryed

John

search list destoryed
When I click on an item in the search results it opens in the same
window destroying the search results. When I click on the arrow to go
back to the search it has to start searching again.

I tried to save the search but it seems to only save the word I was
searching for.

In XP search I could open one of the folders in the search result, ding
around, and go back to the search result list. Is there a way to do this
in xp too?

John
Bender

Re: search list destoryed
You could do a Ctrl + n to bring up a new window, then play with that new
window.

"John" <john6528@comcast.com> wrote in message
> When I click on an item in the search results it opens in the same window
> destroying the search results. When I click on the arrow to go back to the
> search it has to start searching again.
>
> I tried to save the search but it seems to only save the word I was
> searching for.
>
> In XP search I could open one of the folders in the search result, ding
> around, and go back to the search result list. Is there a way to do this
> in xp too?
>
> John

John

Re: search list destoryed
That doesn't work very well but thanks. The new window just does what
the old window did.

I don't understand "saved searches" which is the other thing I tried. It
doesn't actually save the search. It only saves the search word so when
you open the saved search it just starts searching again on that word
and takes just as much time as before. What's the point in that? Where
is the virtual directory the directions talk about?

John