Moving downloaded and saved favorites to desktop

rmorgan25

Moving downloaded and saved favorites to desktop
Using Windows Home Vista newest version. I have tried repeatably to move
saved favorite files from my IE saved favorites to desktop and sometimes it
works and sometimes it doesn't. Why is this happening and what am I doing
wrong.
--
r.morgan
Gordon

Re: Moving downloaded and saved favorites to desktop
"rmorgan25" <rickyt109@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows Home Vista newest version. I have tried repeatably to move
> saved favorite files from my IE saved favorites to desktop and sometimes
> it
> works and sometimes it doesn't. Why is this happening and what am I doing
> wrong.

Presumably you are trying to create a web shortcut on the desktop?
How are you trying to do this? (Usually it's just a question of dragging the
URL to the desktop from your browser)
When you say "sometimes doesn't work" what EXACTLY do you mean?

rmorgan25

Re: Moving downloaded and saved favorites to desktop
When I try to move the selected item from my IE "Saved Favorites" I will
highlight the saved item and scroll down to the "Send to" with a list of 10
areas located to the right, one of them is the "Desktop". I will then select
the "Desktop" and highlight the "Desktop" selection and left click. I then go
to the desktop to see if it has ben transferred. Usually no transformation
takes place ,but, on one or two occassions, I have been able to transfer
selected items to the desktop using the same procedure.
This was what I was referring to.
--
r.morgan

> When I try to move the selected item from my IE "Saved Favorites" I will
> highlight the saved item and scroll down to the "Send to" with a list of
> 10
> areas located to the right, one of them is the "Desktop". I will then
> select
> the "Desktop" and highlight the "Desktop" selection and left click. I then
> go
> to the desktop to see if it has ben transferred. Usually no transformation
> takes place ,but, on one or two occassions, I have been able to transfer
> selected items to the desktop using the same procedure.
> This was what I was referring to.

Why not just drag the URL?