Why cant i use details view as default?!?

Just FYI

Re: Why cant i use details view as default?!?
When you open the folder click Views and choose Details. Leave it that way
when you close the folder. It'll remember that view next time you open it.

"Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
>I have tried selecting details view and selecting "use on all folder.." (or
>whatever it's called. I use Danish Vista). But it still gives me different
>views depending on what is in a folder. This is extremely annoying. Is
>there something I can do?

Just FYI

Re: Why cant i use details view as default?!?
Oh, I guess there is no way to do that. But there's no rule that says you
have to sit there and set the view for every single folder in one sitting.
Just wait until you actually open the folder for a real reason and set the
view then. It's just a mouse click or two. You don't care what the view is
in folders you never open.

> "Just FYI" <nothanks@nospam.net> skrev i meddelelsen
>> When you open the folder click Views and choose Details. Leave it that
>> way when you close the folder. It'll remember that view next time you
>> open it.
>>

> Yes, but the point was I want to make it default without having to select
> it for every single folder.

Per

Re: Why cant i use details view as default?!?
"Just FYI" <nothanks@nospam.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> When you open the folder click Views and choose Details. Leave it that way
> when you close the folder. It'll remember that view next time you open it.

Yes, but the point was I want to make it default without having to select it
for every single folder.

Dennis_N

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:30:21 +0100, "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote:

>I have tried selecting details view and selecting "use on all folder.." (or
>whatever it's called. I use Danish Vista). But it still gives me different
>views depending on what is in a folder. This is extremely annoying. Is there
>something I can do?

Right click on your Harddrive in explorer select properties.
Select the pane called something like costumize,
(Danish: Tilpas)

Choose the view you want and tick on the use on subfolders checkbox
bellow the scrolllist.

Regards
Per

Re: Why cant i use details view as default?!?
> Choose the view you want and tick on the use on subfolders checkbox
> bellow the scrolllist.
>
> Regards

Yes, that was excactly the kind of thing I was looking for!... except
explorer crashed when selected "apply" :/

Seems Vista is far from stable, I get crashes frequently.

Dennis_N

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:51:22 +0100, "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote:

>> Choose the view you want and tick on the use on subfolders checkbox
>> bellow the scrolllist.
>>
>> Regards

>Yes, that was excactly the kind of thing I was looking for!... except
>explorer crashed when selected "apply" :/
>
>Seems Vista is far from stable, I get crashes frequently.

Hej Per...

Hmm. i have not yet had a crash... actually wonders about how that
blue screen looks like :-)

Vista is rock stable on my system. And i run on 'old' hardware.
(2yrs.) !

Anyway, i use the above mentioned method, works fine.
BTW: you have to do it separately for each HDD.

Regards
Leo

Re: Why cant i use details view as default?!?
Vista is stable on my machine. Perhaps it is something that your hardware
or drivers are causing.

--
Leo

For every difficult and complicated question there is an answer
that is simple, easily understood, and wrong.
H.L. Mencken

>> Choose the view you want and tick on the use on subfolders checkbox
>> bellow the scrolllist.
>>
>> Regards

> Yes, that was excactly the kind of thing I was looking for!... except
> explorer crashed when selected "apply" :/
>
> Seems Vista is far from stable, I get crashes frequently.

just bob

"Dennis_N" <dn@nospam.dk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:30:21 +0100, "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote:
>
>>I have tried selecting details view and selecting "use on all folder.."
>>(or
>>whatever it's called. I use Danish Vista). But it still gives me different
>>views depending on what is in a folder. This is extremely annoying. Is
>>there
>>something I can do?

> Right click on your Harddrive in explorer select properties.
> Select the pane called something like costumize,
> (Danish: Tilpas)
>
> Choose the view you want and tick on the use on subfolders checkbox
> bellow the scrolllist.

If it works for you they must have removed this for the USA release of
Vista(?) I right-click on C Properties, and there is no "Customize" tab.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Why cant i use details view as default?!?
C: is the root of the drive, you will njot see a Customize tab there. You
need to select an actual folder.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP