Benzmum

I've been manually backing up my data files on a weekly basis, and I'm
finding that Vista overlooks a number of files when I use the Advanced
Search. I do a search for files modified or created > a given date, and
Windows gives me a list. But there's always a few that it misses. Has anyone
else experienced this? I realize that manual backups may not be the most
efficient way to go, but I don't have the budget for an external drive and I
haven't found Roxio very helpful. In fact, when I was using XP my method
worked unfailingly. What's going on with Vista?
Bob

Re: Advanced Search
In Folders>Options>View tick Show Hidden Files and Folders.

If you are not backing up to an external source your backups are of little
use in the event of hard drive failure.
-------
*Report back, please*

"Benzmum" <Benzmum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been manually backing up my data files on a weekly basis, and I'm
> finding that Vista overlooks a number of files when I use the Advanced
> Search. I do a search for files modified or created > a given date, and
> Windows gives me a list. But there's always a few that it misses. Has
> anyone
> else experienced this? I realize that manual backups may not be the most
> efficient way to go, but I don't have the budget for an external drive and
> haven't found Roxio very helpful. In fact, when I was using XP my method
> worked unfailingly. What's going on with Vista?

On Request

Re: Advanced Search
I would guess that the OP is backing up to a CD or DVD?

I have looked for files by date as the OP did, and so far it has found all
the files that I think are there, but cannot claim to have tested
exhaustively.

news:kY6dneoM6JuoXmXanZ2dnUVZ_q6mnZ2d@comcast.com. ..