Let us se the default to .jpg instead of .JPG

Derka

Let us se the default to .jpg instead of .JPG
For me, a big annoyance in Vista is that the default is .JPG (uppder case)
and there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default setting to .jpg
(lower case). I upload lots of pictures to my website, and I have to manually
rename each one to .jpg (lower case) or my server doesn't recognize them.
Please give us the option to make .jpg (lower case) the default instead of
..JPG (upper case).

Thank you

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management
Bob

Re: Let us se the default to .jpg instead of .JPG
From a Command Prompt or a batch file:
ren [drive:] [path] *.JPG *.jpg
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Derka" <Derka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For me, a big annoyance in Vista is that the default is .JPG (uppder case)
> and there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default setting to .jpg
> (lower case). I upload lots of pictures to my website, and I have to
> manually
> rename each one to .jpg (lower case) or my server doesn't recognize them.
> Please give us the option to make .jpg (lower case) the default instead of
> .JPG (upper case).
>
> Thank you
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management

Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Re: Let us se the default to .jpg instead of .JPG
What application? Paint creates lower case .jpg files by default.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]