recent places in winows explorer

Jason

recent places in winows explorer
I love the 'Recent Places' link in the common file dialogs in Vista. I'd really like to add it to the 'Favorite Links' list in windows explorer.

Unfortunately http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926167 states that:

The following three links are added programmatically to all common file dialog boxes:
. Desktop
. Recent places
. Computer

These three links are not .Ink files in the Links folder. Therefore, the links cannot be removed from the Favorite Links list in common file dialog boxes. Additionally, these three links do not appear in Windows Explorer.

This is a huge dissapointment, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Is there some registry hack or other technique that will effectively add 'Recent places' to explorer's favorites list?

Thanks,

J...

Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Re: recent places in winows explorer
In a Common Dialog, right-click 'Recent Places' & select 'Create Shortcut'. That will place a shortcut on the Desktop. You can then move that shortcut into your 'Links' folder so it will show in the Favorite Links pane.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

"Jason" <cjfraz@cox.nospam.net> wrote in message news:0D9606CB-5D78-44D4-B7A4-A42341B6998E@microsoft.com...
[...]

borgatti

Re: recent places in winows explorer

That shortcut trick is SO good!
steve

Keith Miller \(MVP\);668388 Wrote:
> In a Common Dialog, right-click 'Recent Places' & select 'Create
> Shortcut'. That will place a shortcut on the Desktop. You can then move
> that shortcut into your 'Links' folder so it will show in the Favorite
> Links pane.
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

--
borgatti
redgum

Re: recent places in winows explorer

Works great in Windows Explorer. But now "Recent Places" shows up twice
in my Favorite Links pane in my common dialogs...

Any way around this?

--
redgum