Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista

cryocynique

Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista
Is there a way to set which folders are expanded and which ones are not when
Window's Explorer is openned in Vista?

Thanks!
--
cryocynique
BobF.

Re: Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista
How about this:
Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View > check - "Restore previous
folder windows at logon"

That do it?

--
Regards, BobF.
"cryocynique" <cryocynique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to set which folders are expanded and which ones are not
> when
> Window's Explorer is openned in Vista?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> cryocynique

cryocynique

Re: Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista
Unfortunately, no. Explorer still opens with my C drive expanded and other
areas not. I do not want my C drive expanded when Explorer opens. To the
best of my knowledge, this has always been a problem with previous versions
of Windows. There are third party softwares that allows you to control this.
I just haven't looked for any for Vista and was hoping Microsoft gave
control over this very annoying feature in Vista finally.
--
cryocynique

"BobF." wrote:

> How about this:
> Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View > check - "Restore previous
> folder windows at logon"
>
> That do it?
>
> --
> Regards, BobF.
> "cryocynique" <cryocynique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to set which folders are expanded and which ones are not
> > when
> > Window's Explorer is openned in Vista?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > cryocynique

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista
Cryocynique

If you right click the icon that you use to open Windows Explorer, you can
enter the path to the folder that you want to open in the Target line..

If you simply want Explorer to open with Computer selected and all of the
drives showing, but not expanded, place the following in the Target Line of
the shortcut.

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,

(Be sure to include the spaces and comma)

If you want Explorer to open with your user account folder selected, enter
the following path.

C:\Users\your name

Or the path to any other folder you want selected when Explorer opens.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

> Unfortunately, no. Explorer still opens with my C drive expanded and
> other
> areas not. I do not want my C drive expanded when Explorer opens. To the
> best of my knowledge, this has always been a problem with previous
> versions
> of Windows. There are third party softwares that allows you to control
> this.
> I just haven't looked for any for Vista and was hoping Microsoft gave
> control over this very annoying feature in Vista finally.
> --
> cryocynique
>

> "BobF." wrote:
>
>> How about this:
>> Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View > check - "Restore previous
>> folder windows at logon"
>>
>> That do it?
>>
>> --
>> Regards, BobF.
>> "cryocynique" <cryocynique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a way to set which folders are expanded and which ones are not
>> > when
>> > Window's Explorer is openned in Vista?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > --
>> > cryocynique

cryocynique

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Cryocynique
>
> If you right click the icon that you use to open Windows Explorer, you can
> enter the path to the folder that you want to open in the Target line..
>
> If you simply want Explorer to open with Computer selected and all of the
> drives showing, but not expanded, place the following in the Target Line of
> the shortcut.
>
> %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,
>
> (Be sure to include the spaces and comma)
>
> If you want Explorer to open with your user account folder selected, enter
> the following path.
>
> C:\Users\your name
>
> Or the path to any other folder you want selected when Explorer opens.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience
>

> "cryocynique" <cryocynique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Unfortunately, no. Explorer still opens with my C drive expanded and
> > other
> > areas not. I do not want my C drive expanded when Explorer opens. To the
> > best of my knowledge, this has always been a problem with previous
> > versions
> > of Windows. There are third party softwares that allows you to control
> > this.
> > I just haven't looked for any for Vista and was hoping Microsoft gave
> > control over this very annoying feature in Vista finally.
> > --
> > cryocynique
> >

> > "BobF." wrote:
> >
> >> How about this:
> >> Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View > check - "Restore previous
> >> folder windows at logon"
> >>
> >> That do it?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards, BobF.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista
Cryocynique

Your welcome.