files vanish?

leap

files vanish?
i download a file into a folder it is there and when i click on it, the file
vanishes? help
Malke

Re: files vanish?
leap wrote:

> i download a file into a folder it is there and when i click on it, the
> file vanishes? help

What file (include file type/extension)? From where? To what folder (include
full path to folder; ex. C:\Users\your-username\Downloads)?

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
leap

Re: files vanish?
Document.pdf (25k) from yahoo mail to a folder on my desktop that i made
called mine

"Malke" wrote:

> leap wrote:
>
> > i download a file into a folder it is there and when i click on it, the
> > file vanishes? help

> What file (include file type/extension)? From where? To what folder (include
> full path to folder; ex. C:\Users\your-username\Downloads)?
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Malke

Re: files vanish?
leap wrote:

> Document.pdf (25k) from yahoo mail to a folder on my desktop that i made
> called mine
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> leap wrote:
>>
>> > i download a file into a folder it is there and when i click on it, the
>> > file vanishes? help

>> What file (include file type/extension)? From where? To what folder
>> (include full path to folder; ex. C:\Users\your-username\Downloads)?

So you are saving this attachment using whatever method Yahoo Mail gives you
for saving attachments? When you say that it "vanishes", do you mean you
double-click it and then nothing happens, or Adobe Reader opens to no file
and then you go back and the file is gone? Just trying to get a picture of
this in order to help you.

Can you save anything else in that folder? Does the same problem occur if
you save the attachment in another folder, something like your Downloads
folder in your user account? Were you ever able to do this? If yes, what
changed? I've Googled around for problems saving attachments from Yahoo
Mail and don't come up with anything quite like your issue, so see if you
can fill in the blanks for us.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
leap

Re: files vanish?
ok...i make just a folder on my desktop and then i try to dl to that
folder..i have the same problems with games i try to dl and save to a folder
on my desk top or anywhere for that matter...i watch the dl go into the
folder and i can see it and as soon as i click on it puff..it vanishes and i
search for it and it isn't there at all i have no idea what is going on. i
don't save it with whatevetr yahoo gives me i make a folder to try and save
it to

"Malke" wrote:

> leap wrote:
>
> > Document.pdf (25k) from yahoo mail to a folder on my desktop that i made
> > called mine

> >> What file (include file type/extension)? From where? To what folder
> >> (include full path to folder; ex. C:\Users\your-username\Downloads)?

> So you are saving this attachment using whatever method Yahoo Mail gives you
> for saving attachments? When you say that it "vanishes", do you mean you
> double-click it and then nothing happens, or Adobe Reader opens to no file
> and then you go back and the file is gone? Just trying to get a picture of
> this in order to help you.
>
> Can you save anything else in that folder? Does the same problem occur if
> you save the attachment in another folder, something like your Downloads
> folder in your user account? Were you ever able to do this? If yes, what
> changed? I've Googled around for problems saving attachments from Yahoo
> Mail and don't come up with anything quite like your issue, so see if you
> can fill in the blanks for us.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Bob

Re: files vanish?
What firewall, anti-virus application or security suite is installed?
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"leap" <leap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok...i make just a folder on my desktop and then i try to dl to that
> folder..i have the same problems with games i try to dl and save to a
> folder
> on my desk top or anywhere for that matter...i watch the dl go into the
> folder and i can see it and as soon as i click on it puff..it vanishes and
> search for it and it isn't there at all i have no idea what is going on. i
> don't save it with whatevetr yahoo gives me i make a folder to try and
> save
> it to
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> leap wrote:
>>
>> > Document.pdf (25k) from yahoo mail to a folder on my desktop that i
>> > made
>> > called mine

>> So you are saving this attachment using whatever method Yahoo Mail gives
>> you
>> for saving attachments? When you say that it "vanishes", do you mean you
>> double-click it and then nothing happens, or Adobe Reader opens to no
>> file
>> and then you go back and the file is gone? Just trying to get a picture
>> of
>> this in order to help you.
>>
>> Can you save anything else in that folder? Does the same problem occur if
>> you save the attachment in another folder, something like your Downloads
>> folder in your user account? Were you ever able to do this? If yes, what
>> changed? I've Googled around for problems saving attachments from Yahoo
>> Mail and don't come up with anything quite like your issue, so see if you
>> can fill in the blanks for us.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> Don't Panic!

Malke

Re: files vanish?
leap wrote:

> ok...i make just a folder on my desktop and then i try to dl to that
> folder..i have the same problems with games i try to dl and save to a
> folder on my desk top or anywhere for that matter...i watch the dl go into
> the folder and i can see it and as soon as i click on it puff..it vanishes
> and i search for it and it isn't there at all i have no idea what is going
> on. i don't save it with whatevetr yahoo gives me i make a folder to try
> and save it to

This is certainly a strange one. Two things:

1. Make sure the computer is really virus/malware-free. Go through at least
some of the steps recommended here:

It's very important to be sure the computer is clean because all other
troubleshooting steps stem from that knowledge.

2. Make a new user account. Does the same things happen there or can you
successfully download/save/open files in the new account?

And you didn't answer my question as to whether you ever were able to save.
If you were, what changed? This is also extremely important to know for
proper troubleshooting.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
leap

Re: files vanish?
i use avg virius control

"Bob" wrote:

> What firewall, anti-virus application or security suite is installed?
> -------
> *Report back, please*
> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>
> [How to ask a question]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> "leap" <leap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok...i make just a folder on my desktop and then i try to dl to that
> > folder..i have the same problems with games i try to dl and save to a
> > folder
> > on my desk top or anywhere for that matter...i watch the dl go into the
> > folder and i can see it and as soon as i click on it puff..it vanishes and
> > search for it and it isn't there at all i have no idea what is going on. i
> > don't save it with whatevetr yahoo gives me i make a folder to try and
> > save
> > it to

> >> So you are saving this attachment using whatever method Yahoo Mail gives
> >> you
> >> for saving attachments? When you say that it "vanishes", do you mean you
> >> double-click it and then nothing happens, or Adobe Reader opens to no
> >> file
> >> and then you go back and the file is gone? Just trying to get a picture
> >> of
> >> this in order to help you.
> >>
> >> Can you save anything else in that folder? Does the same problem occur if
> >> you save the attachment in another folder, something like your Downloads
> >> folder in your user account? Were you ever able to do this? If yes, what
> >> changed? I've Googled around for problems saving attachments from Yahoo
> >> Mail and don't come up with anything quite like your issue, so see if you
> >> can fill in the blanks for us.
> >>
> >> Malke
> >> --
> >> MS-MVP