Deleting Folder on SD Card

Terri

Deleting Folder on SD Card
All of a sudden I cannot delete files off any SD card I put in my Compaq
Presario F700. Delete isn't even an option when I right click on the file.
This happens with the card from my digital camera and also with the small
card in my cell phone which I have to insert into a SD holder. I know I must
have clicked something that was a no no. Is there any way to fix this.

THANKS!!!
Bob

Re: Deleting Folder on SD Card
Formatting a card in-camera is best practice and it should be done *every*
time the card is inserted into the camera. Any decent DSLR will have a key
combination to do it so you don’t have to dig through the menus.
If you delete some photos or even all the photos from the card using a
computer, the file structure on the card can be compromised when used back
in the camera and may affect the writing of new images.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden I cannot delete files off any SD card I put in my Compaq
> Presario F700. Delete isn't even an option when I right click on the file.
> This happens with the card from my digital camera and also with the small
> card in my cell phone which I have to insert into a SD holder. I know I
> must
> have clicked something that was a no no. Is there any way to fix this.
>
> THANKS!!!

Terri

Re: Deleting Folder on SD Card
I have never formated the card. UGH! When I try to move or delete files, it
says that it is write protected. How can I change this? I've never had a
problem before. Thanks for your help!

"Bob" wrote:

> Formatting a card in-camera is best practice and it should be done *every*
> time the card is inserted into the camera. Any decent DSLR will have a key
> combination to do it so you don’t have to dig through the menus.
> If you delete some photos or even all the photos from the card using a
> computer, the file structure on the card can be compromised when used back
> in the camera and may affect the writing of new images.
> -------
> *Report back, please*
> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>

> [How to ask a question]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> "Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All of a sudden I cannot delete files off any SD card I put in my Compaq
> > Presario F700. Delete isn't even an option when I right click on the file.
> > This happens with the card from my digital camera and also with the small
> > card in my cell phone which I have to insert into a SD holder. I know I
> > must
> > have clicked something that was a no no. Is there any way to fix this.
> >
> > THANKS!!!

Bob F.

Re: Deleting Folder on SD Card
You didn't accidentally move the little slide switch on the card to the
"secure" position, did you?

--
Regards, BobF.
>I have never formated the card. UGH! When I try to move or delete files, it
> says that it is write protected. How can I change this? I've never had a
> problem before. Thanks for your help!
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Formatting a card in-camera is best practice and it should be done
>> *every*
>> time the card is inserted into the camera. Any decent DSLR will have a
>> key
>> combination to do it so you don’t have to dig through the menus.
>> If you delete some photos or even all the photos from the card using a
>> computer, the file structure on the card can be compromised when used
>> back
>> in the camera and may affect the writing of new images.
>> -------
>> *Report back, please*
>> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
>> so
>> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>>

>> [How to ask a question]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>
>> "Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > All of a sudden I cannot delete files off any SD card I put in my
>> > Compaq
>> > Presario F700. Delete isn't even an option when I right click on the
>> > file.
>> > This happens with the card from my digital camera and also with the
>> > small
>> > card in my cell phone which I have to insert into a SD holder. I know I
>> > must
>> > have clicked something that was a no no. Is there any way to fix this.
>> >
>> > THANKS!!!

Bob

Re: Deleting Folder on SD Card
Never having formatted the card could be the cause of your problem. Most if
not all cameras strongly recommend you format the card in-camera BEFORE
using it.