thumbnail view problem.

Mussayab

thumbnail view problem.
hey
I have windows vista in my pc and as you know by default it displays the
thumbnail view of every file. I wanted to disable that and i did by going
into the folder options and checking show only icons never thumbnails. The
problem is that i want the thumbnail view of only pictures in my pc and not
for any other thing. How can i do that.? Please Help
Bob

Re: thumbnail view problem.
Apply the view you want to a specified folder. Do not apply a selected view
to ALL folders.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Bob" wrote:

> Apply the view you want to a specified folder. Do not apply a selected view
> to ALL folders.
> -------
> *Report back, please*
> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>
> [How to ask a question]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> "Mussayab" <Mussayab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hey
> > I have windows vista in my pc and as you know by default it displays the
> > thumbnail view of every file. I wanted to disable that and i did by going
> > into the folder options and checking show only icons never thumbnails. The
> > problem is that i want the thumbnail view of only pictures in my pc and
> > not
> > for any other thing. How can i do that.? Please Help

Does not solve my problem..I have already done that..it isnt applied for all
folders. All i see a windows landscape on my pictures..
Bob

Re: thumbnail view problem.
I don't have the problem so it seems you have something else going on.
What firewall, anti-virus application or security suite is installed? There
are some that cause problems which do not appear immediately.

> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Apply the view you want to a specified folder. Do not apply a selected
>> view
>> to ALL folders.
>> -------
>> *Report back, please*
>> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
>> so
>> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>>
>> [How to ask a question]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>
>> "Mussayab" <Mussayab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hey
>> > I have windows vista in my pc and as you know by default it displays
>> > the
>> > thumbnail view of every file. I wanted to disable that and i did by
>> > going
>> > into the folder options and checking show only icons never thumbnails.
>> > The
>> > problem is that i want the thumbnail view of only pictures in my pc and
>> > not
>> > for any other thing. How can i do that.? Please Help

> Does not solve my problem..I have already done that..it isnt applied for
> all
> folders. All i see a windows landscape on my pictures..

Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Re: thumbnail view problem.
What other files are displaying thumbnails? I have .pdf thumbnails. MS
Office programs give you a choice when saving of whether or not to generate
a thumbnail for that document. But most files just show large icons, not
true thumbnails.

Or are you speaking of the folder template(AllItems, Documents, Pics &
Videos, etc) and view mode (Tiles, List, Details, etc) of various folders?

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

"Keith Miller (MVP)" wrote:

> What other files are displaying thumbnails? I have .pdf thumbnails. MS
> Office programs give you a choice when saving of whether or not to generate
> a thumbnail for that document. But most files just show large icons, not
> true thumbnails.
>
> Or are you speaking of the folder template(AllItems, Documents, Pics &
> Videos, etc) and view mode (Tiles, List, Details, etc) of various folders?
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>

> "Mussayab" <Mussayab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hey
> > I have windows vista in my pc and as you know by default it displays the
> > thumbnail view of every file. I wanted to disable that and i did by going
> > into the folder options and checking show only icons never thumbnails. The
> > problem is that i want the thumbnail view of only pictures in my pc and
> > not
> > for any other thing. How can i do that.? Please Help

Does not solve my problem..Please help me out..
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Re: thumbnail view problem.
I can't help you out until you better explain your problem!

"Keith Miller (MVP)" wrote:

> I can't help you out until you better explain your problem!
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>

> "Mussayab" <Mussayab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Keith Miller (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> What other files are displaying thumbnails? I have .pdf thumbnails. MS
> >> Office programs give you a choice when saving of whether or not to
> >> generate
> >> a thumbnail for that document. But most files just show large icons, not
> >> true thumbnails.
> >>
> >> Or are you speaking of the folder template(AllItems, Documents, Pics &
> >> Videos, etc) and view mode (Tiles, List, Details, etc) of various
> >> folders?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Good Luck,
> >>
> >> Keith
> >> Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> >>

> >> "Mussayab" <Mussayab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> > Does not solve my problem..Please help me out..

Sir, The thing is as u know by default vista displays the thumbnail view of
each and every file and whenever you open a folder it scans the whole folder
for thumbnail view. It slows down the speed of the computer. I dont want that
thing which is the thumbnail view. So what i did is that i checked the always
display icon never thumbnails from the folder options. I got rid of that
problem but still i want to see the thumbnail views of the pictures in my PC
and not any other thing ( Like videos or whatever). All i can see is a
windows landscape instead of its preview.
I checked it with every view settings like small icons, medium etc. Still i
cant get the thumbnail view.
Bob

Re: thumbnail view problem.

Uncheck "always display icons never thumbnails" in the folders that your
pictures are in.
-------

> "Keith Miller (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> I can't help you out until you better explain your problem!
>>
>> --
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Keith
>> Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>>

>> "Mussayab" <Mussayab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Does not solve my problem..Please help me out..

> Sir, The thing is as u know by default vista displays the thumbnail view
> of
> each and every file and whenever you open a folder it scans the whole
> folder
> for thumbnail view. It slows down the speed of the computer. I dont want
> that
> thing which is the thumbnail view. So what i did is that i checked the
> always
> display icon never thumbnails from the folder options. I got rid of that
> problem but still i want to see the thumbnail views of the pictures in my
> PC
> and not any other thing ( Like videos or whatever). All i can see is a
> windows landscape instead of its preview.
> I checked it with every view settings like small icons, medium etc. Still
> cant get the thumbnail view.

Mussayab

Re: thumbnail view problem.
I think we both know that we are talking about folder options here. I can
uncheck it from folder options but then the thumbnail view will be for every
file. I just want it for Pictures. Like in xp we have the option.