What's file's full path and BIOS

davidjchuang

What's file's full path and BIOS

Forgive my ignorance, I have a 2 part-question.(1) How do I find a
file's full path. (2) What does BIOS stand for ,and a brief elaboration
please. Thank you.

--
davidjchuang
Brink

Re: What's file's full path and BIOS

davidjchuang;656808 Wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, I have a 2 part-question.(1) How do I find a
> file's full path. (2) What does BIOS stand for ,and a brief elaboration
> please. Thank you.

Hi David,

Q1) The files path will be in the Windows Explorer address bar the top.
This can help more on this for you to.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...le-folder.html

Q2) BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System. You can get a full
description of it here.

'BIOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
davidjchuang

Brink;656822 Wrote:
> > davidjchuang;656815 Wrote:
> >

> > Thank you, Shawn. As usual you are most helpful, espacially for a guy
> > who is trying to self-teach himself. By the way I really enjoy your
> > tutorials. I have a bit of problem with your "Take ownership", but that
> > will be for next post.> >

> Your welcome David. Just let me know when you post about "Take
> ownership". I'll see if I can help.
>
> Shawn

Shawn, I have one problem on "file's full path". I can do all the steps
except Paste. I tried to paste it on the Pictures folder ( just for
testing out ), the "paste" was greyed out. Tried it on desktop, same
result. The reason I asked for full path info was that I wanted to "
take ownership " via cmd and takeown. I can see the full path on the
address bar, so i can write it down. But why can't I paste it ? As to
the method 2 of "take ownership", I got confused . If I have changed
owner to my user account name at step 8, then why do I have to go on to
step 9 -21 ? I don't have any formal training in computer science, so
bear with me if I am confusing you as well. Thank you.

davidjchuang;656862 Wrote:
> > Brink;656822 Wrote:
> >

> > Your welcome David. Just let me know when you post about "Take
> > ownership". I'll see if I can help.
> >
> > Shawn> >

> Shawn, I have one problem on "file's full path". I can do all the
> steps except Paste. I tried to paste it on the Pictures folder ( just
> for testing out ), the "paste" was greyed out. Tried it on desktop,
> same result. The reason I asked for full path info was that I wanted
> to " take ownership " via cmd and takeown. I can see the full path on
> the address bar, so i can write it down. But why can't I paste it ? As
> to the method 2 of "take ownership", I got confused . If I have
> changed owner to my user account name at step 8, then why do I have to
> go on to step 9 -21 ? I don't have any formal training in computer
> science, so bear with me if I am confusing you as well. Thank you.

David,

Q1) The full path can only be pasted into some kind of text document or
field entry box. You could write it down if you wanted to.

Q2) In Method 2 Option 2, step 8 just changes the owner of the item.
Steps 9 to 21 shows you how to change the permission level to allow the
new owner to modify the item.

Shawn

Brink;656939 Wrote:
> > davidjchuang;656862 Wrote:
> >

> > Shawn, I have one problem on "file's full path". I can do all the steps
> > except Paste. I tried to paste it on the Pictures folder ( just for
> > testing out ), the "paste" was greyed out. Tried it on desktop, same
> > result. The reason I asked for full path info was that I wanted to "
> > take ownership " via cmd and takeown. I can see the full path on the
> > address bar, so i can write it down. But why can't I paste it ? As to
> > the method 2 of "take ownership", I got confused . If I have changed
> > owner to my user account name at step 8, then why do I have to go on to
> > step 9 -21 ? I don't have any formal training in computer science, so
> > bear with me if I am confusing you as well. Thank you.> >

> David,
>
> Q1) The full path can only be pasted into some kind of text document
> or field entry box. You could write it down if you wanted to.
>
> Q2) In Method 2 Option 2, step 8 just changes the owner of the item.
> Steps 9 to 21 shows you how to change the permission level to allow
> the new owner to modify the item.
>
> Shawn

Thank you for the clarification.Funny way the programming works. I
would have assumed that when one assumes ownership of an item, the level
of permission should have been elevated accordingly And automatically.It
should be a snap to do so, just like user account elevated to
administrator account. Right ?

--
davidjchuang