Lost MS Word Icon from Start Menu...help?

SteveO

Lost MS Word Icon from Start Menu...help?
Trying to move MS Word shortcut icon from Start Menu "All Programs" area, I
deleted it - oops! How to find/create or otherwise return the icon? Now, to
use MS Word, I must open a past Word document, delete all contents and begin
my new Word document. Silly Me :-)
--
Mahalo!
Bob

Re: Lost MS Word Icon from Start Menu...help?
Right click Desktop>New>Shortcut>Browse to the Word executable.

Alternately, open a new blank Word doc and SaveAs "New Doc" to your Desktop.
Drag it to the Quick Launch toolbar or Start button.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"SteveO" <SteveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to move MS Word shortcut icon from Start Menu "All Programs" area,
> deleted it - oops! How to find/create or otherwise return the icon? Now,
> use MS Word, I must open a past Word document, delete all contents and
> begin
> my new Word document. Silly Me :-)
> --
> Mahalo!

.Joe

SteveO;655510 Wrote:
> Trying to move MS Word shortcut icon from Start Menu "All Programs"
> area, I
> deleted it - oops! How to find/create or otherwise return the icon?
> Now, to
> use MS Word, I must open a past Word document, delete all contents and
> begin
> my new Word document. Silly Me :-)
> --
> Mahalo!

Steve,

This tutorial should help you restore any icons in the start menu.
Here's the link:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/89...customize.html

I hope this helps.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_*::Click_here_for_the_Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_Geekbench_Score:_4050 (\"http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/42901\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
SteveO

Re: Lost MS Word Icon from Start Menu...help?
Thx Bob....your right-click solution worked and I love your alternate
option..thanks for being out there!

"Bob" wrote:

> Right click Desktop>New>Shortcut>Browse to the Word executable.
>
> Alternately, open a new blank Word doc and SaveAs "New Doc" to your Desktop.
> Drag it to the Quick Launch toolbar or Start button.
> -------
> *Report back, please*
> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>
> [How to ask a question]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> "SteveO" <SteveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Trying to move MS Word shortcut icon from Start Menu "All Programs" area,
> > deleted it - oops! How to find/create or otherwise return the icon? Now,
> > use MS Word, I must open a past Word document, delete all contents and
> > begin
> > my new Word document. Silly Me :-)
> > --
> > Mahalo!

SteveO

Re: Lost MS Word Icon from Start Menu...help?
Hey Joe - your reply worth more than gold - I plan to review the tutorials,
so much good stuff in there! With your suggestion, I'll end-up learning more
than what I asked - superb - I now know an excellent resource! Thanks!

".Joe" wrote:

> SteveO;655510 Wrote:
> > Trying to move MS Word shortcut icon from Start Menu "All Programs"
> > area, I
> > deleted it - oops! How to find/create or otherwise return the icon?
> > Now, to
> > use MS Word, I must open a past Word document, delete all contents and
> > begin
> > my new Word document. Silly Me :-)
> > --
> > Mahalo!

> Steve,
>
> This tutorial should help you restore any icons in the start menu.
> Here's the link:
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/89...customize.html
>
> I hope this helps.
>

> --
> .Joe
>
> _[image:
> http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> _*::Click_here_for_the_Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> _Geekbench_Score:_4050 (\"http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/42901\")_
> _CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_

Bob

Re: Lost MS Word Icon from Start Menu...help?
You're welcome SteveO. Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.
-------