Default Size For Windows Explorer

=?Utf-8?B?aGVybzJ6ZXJv?=

Hi there, I hope someone can help me here

Whenever I open a new folder directly that I haven't opened before using
Windows Explorer the window size is tiny.

How do I set the default window size for Windows Explorer in Vista?
=?Utf-8?B?UmFkaW9waGlsZQ==?=

RE: Default Size For Windows Explorer
Set the Windows Explorer window to the size you want, then close it while
pressing the shift key. From now on, future Windows Explorer windows will
open at the size you set.

"hero2zero" wrote:

> Hi there, I hope someone can help me here
>
> Whenever I open a new folder directly that I haven't opened before using
> Windows Explorer the window size is tiny.
>
> How do I set the default window size for Windows Explorer in Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?aGVybzJ6ZXJv?=

RE: Default Size For Windows Explorer
Hi there

Unfortunately that method does not work. I closed a window while holding the
SHIFT key and then directly opened a folder I hadn't opened before and it was
the smaller size again

"Radiophile" wrote:

> Set the Windows Explorer window to the size you want, then close it while
> pressing the shift key. From now on, future Windows Explorer windows will
> open at the size you set.
>
> "hero2zero" wrote:
>
> > Hi there, I hope someone can help me here
> >
> > Whenever I open a new folder directly that I haven't opened before using
> > Windows Explorer the window size is tiny.
> >
> > How do I set the default window size for Windows Explorer in Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?UmFkaW9waGlsZQ==?=

RE: Default Size For Windows Explorer
The shift key method works for me, but I'm just opening Windows Explorer.
How do you "directly open a folder not opened before" in Windows Explorer? I
always just open Windows Explorer (I have a shortcut in my Quick Launch area).

"hero2zero" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Unfortunately that method does not work. I closed a window while holding the
> SHIFT key and then directly opened a folder I hadn't opened before and it was
> the smaller size again
>
> "Radiophile" wrote:
>
> > Set the Windows Explorer window to the size you want, then close it while
> > pressing the shift key. From now on, future Windows Explorer windows will
> > open at the size you set.
> >
> > "hero2zero" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there, I hope someone can help me here
> > >
> > > Whenever I open a new folder directly that I haven't opened before using
> > > Windows Explorer the window size is tiny.
> > >
> > > How do I set the default window size for Windows Explorer in Vista?

bgtvfrcde

Re: Default Size For Windows Explorer

Here is the solution:

http://blogs.geekdojo.net/brian/arch...022290942.aspx

--
bgtvfrcde
bgtvfrcde's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bgtvfrcde.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

BobEbz

Re: Default Size For Windows Explorer

Open Windows Explorer Window, now place the window where you want to it
to open from now on, then resize the window to your desired size. Now
press & hold the left ALT key, use your mouse top click on the X in
Windows Explorer, (while holding down the left ALT key), to close the
window.

Let go of the ALT key & open Windows Explorer, the Window shopuld now
be of the size and in the place where you positioned it.

Windows Vista SP1

--
BobEbz