Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft Outlook 2007

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
Tonym is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Microsoft Outlook 2007
I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for about two weeks everything was working fine. I have not change the way I used this program. I have used Microsoft Outlook 2002 for a few years so I had no real problems until recently. I save many of the e-mails I receive in either text or HTML format with no problem. When I save an e-mail now in either text or HTML now, a folder is automatically created with the same name I have created the e-mail I have created. The e-mail which I save is not saved in the folder which automatically appears. What is in the folder are three files: colorschememapping, filelist, and themedata. If after I save the file then go back and delete the folder with the same name as the file, both the folder and the e-mail which I saved are deleted. I do not know what is going on. Now my computer is getting filled up with e-mail messages I want to keep and folders that I really do not want. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I am about ready to pull my hair out.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2008
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2007
"Tonym" <Tonym.36bo85@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Tonym.36bo85@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> ::I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for about two weeks
> everything was working fine. I have not change the way I used this
> program. I have used Microsoft Outlook 2002 for a few years so I had no
> real problems until recently. I save many of the e-mails I receive in
> either text or HTML format with no problem. When I save an e-mail now in
> either text or HTML now, a folder is automatically created with the same
> name I have created the e-mail I have created. The e-mail which I save
> is not saved in the folder which automatically appears. What is in the
> folder are three files: colorschememapping, filelist, and themedata. If
> after I save the file then go back and delete the folder with the same
> name as the file, both the folder and the e-mail which I saved are
> deleted. I do not know what is going on. Now my computer is getting
> filled up with e-mail messages I want to keep and folders that I really
> do not want. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I am about
> ready to pull my hair out.::
>


Why are you not just keeping the messages you want to save in folders in
your pst file, rather than saving them individually to your HDD?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2008
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2007
You should probably post to an outlook group and not an o/s group

"Tonym" <Tonym.36bo85@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Tonym.36bo85@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> ::I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for about two weeks
> everything was working fine. I have not change the way I used this
> program. I have used Microsoft Outlook 2002 for a few years so I had no
> real problems until recently. I save many of the e-mails I receive in
> either text or HTML format with no problem. When I save an e-mail now in
> either text or HTML now, a folder is automatically created with the same
> name I have created the e-mail I have created. The e-mail which I save
> is not saved in the folder which automatically appears. What is in the
> folder are three files: colorschememapping, filelist, and themedata. If
> after I save the file then go back and delete the folder with the same
> name as the file, both the folder and the e-mail which I saved are
> deleted. I do not know what is going on. Now my computer is getting
> filled up with e-mail messages I want to keep and folders that I really
> do not want. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I am about
> ready to pull my hair out.::
>
>
> --
> Tonym
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
Tonym is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your answer but it does not answer the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2008
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2007
"Tonym" <Tonym.36c68e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Tonym.36c68e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Thanks for your answer but it does not answer the problem.
>
>


Well it does, because saving all your messages OUTSIDE of Outlook is a very
inefficient way of doing it.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
Tonym is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well it doesn’t, because Outlook is not supposed to automatically add folders to anyone’s computer. I know you feel that you have dealt with that but with all appreciation you have not. It does not matter how efficient you believe your way is. Again I say thank you. But I am really looking for an answer to my question.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2007
"Tonym" <Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> ::Well it doesn’t, because Outlook is not supposed to
> automatically add folders to anyone’s computer.


It doesn't. This is happening because you are storing email OUTSIDE of
Outlook. Why would you want to do that in the first place? The Outlook pst
file (where all your emails are stored unless you save them outside, like
you are doing), is a ONE-FILE backup.I still do NOT understand WHY you want
to store emails outside of Outlook. There is no good reason for doing so.

And another thing, PLEASE quote the post you are replying to.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
Tonym is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
"Tonym" <Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> ::Well it doesn’t, because Outlook is not supposed to
> automatically add folders to anyone’s computer.

It doesn't. This is happening because you are storing email OUTSIDE of
Outlook. Why would you want to do that in the first place? The Outlook pst
file (where all your emails are stored unless you save them outside, like
you are doing), is a ONE-FILE backup.I still do NOT understand WHY you want
to store emails outside of Outlook. There is no good reason for doing so.

And another thing, PLEASE quote the post you are replying to.
How wrong your last message is. It does not. I have been doing this the way I have been doing it because it has worked for years. The reasoning that you are giving is so wrong it is sad because you really don't know. This is why I am trying to understand no matter how I have respectfully told you thank you you have not revieved the hint that whaty you say has nothing to do with what is wrong and you are making iot clear that you are not getting it. I hope you finally get it you do not know how to answer the question that was asked and you really don't know how Outlook works. I know you think you do but you don't. Bye!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2007
"Tonym" <Tonym.36fj43@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Tonym.36fj43@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Gordon;734997 Wrote:
>> "Tonym" <Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>> news:Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>> >
>> > ::Well it doesn't, because Outlook is not supposed to
>> > automatically add folders to anyone's computer.

>>
>> It doesn't. This is happening because you are storing email OUTSIDE of
>> Outlook. Why would you want to do that in the first place? The Outlook
>> pst
>> file (where all your emails are stored unless you save them outside,
>> like
>> you are doing), is a ONE-FILE backup.I still do NOT understand WHY you
>> want
>> to store emails outside of Outlook. There is no good reason for doing
>> so.
>>
>> And another thing, PLEASE quote the post you are replying to.

>
> How wrong your last message is. It does not. I have been doing this the
> way I have been doing it because it has worked for years. The reasoning
> that you are giving is so wrong it is sad because you really don't know.
> This is why I am trying to understand no matter how I have respectfully
> told you thank you you have not revieved the hint that whaty you say has
> nothing to do with what is wrong and you are making iot clear that you
> are not getting it. I hope you finally get it you do not know how to
> answer the question that was asked and you really don't know how Outlook
> works. I know you think you do but you don't. Bye!!!


You are an IDIOT.

Plonk.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
Tonym is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
"Tonym" <Tonym.36fj43@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Tonym.36fj43@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Gordon;734997 Wrote:
>> "Tonym" <Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>> news:Tonym.36e3ok@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>> >
>> > ::Well it doesn't, because Outlook is not supposed to
>> > automatically add folders to anyone's computer.
>>
>> It doesn't. This is happening because you are storing email OUTSIDE of
>> Outlook. Why would you want to do that in the first place? The Outlook
>> pst
>> file (where all your emails are stored unless you save them outside,
>> like
>> you are doing), is a ONE-FILE backup.I still do NOT understand WHY you
>> want
>> to store emails outside of Outlook. There is no good reason for doing
>> so.
>>
>> And another thing, PLEASE quote the post you are replying to.

>
> How wrong your last message is. It does not. I have been doing this the
> way I have been doing it because it has worked for years. The reasoning
> that you are giving is so wrong it is sad because you really don't know.
> This is why I am trying to understand no matter how I have respectfully
> told you thank you you have not revieved the hint that whaty you say has
> nothing to do with what is wrong and you are making iot clear that you
> are not getting it. I hope you finally get it you do not know how to
> answer the question that was asked and you really don't know how Outlook
> works. I know you think you do but you don't. Bye!!!


You are an IDIOT.

Plonk.
Why you would bring up your mother aloowing the coat hanger to slip before you were birth is beyond me. but she is the Idiot. You don't even understand what Good Bye means. Oh well
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSVCR80.DLL missing...can't start Microsoft Outlook 2007 =?Utf-8?B?RHIuIEdlb3JnZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 22 03-01-2009 00:15
Microsoft Outlook 2007 arkcapricorn1973 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 09-25-2007 12:59
Microsoft Outlook 2007 ctter microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 06-26-2007 21:01
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 vs. Vista 32bit Mike711 microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.administration 1 04-25-2007 07:50
Microsoft Outlook 2007 In Microsoft Office Professional =?Utf-8?B?QmVubm8=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 03-19-2007 16:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:30.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120