Two Hard drives - getting confused

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbnpI?=

Two Hard drives - getting confused
Hi,

I have just installed vista an i am currently organizing my things and
settling into the new OS.

But i have run into problems. I have 2 Drives C and D and when i installed
vista from xp i had all my documents (music, pictures etc) on the D drive. I
formatted the C drive and installed vista and i still ahve my things on D.
What i want to do is change vista so that the user folder points to a folder
on the D drive and all teh other folders to point to the D drive.

I have changed the location of them through properties but i got a bit
confused and ended up confusing vista and now its point everywhere for my
files.

What i want to know is how can i basically reset folder locations so that it
is 'like new' and then i can try again.
=?Utf-8?B?TllMb2Z0MjAwMA==?=

RE: Two Hard drives - getting confused

"FranzH" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed vista an i am currently organizing my things and
> settling into the new OS.
>
> But i have run into problems. I have 2 Drives C and D and when i installed
> vista from xp i had all my documents (music, pictures etc) on the D drive. I
> formatted the C drive and installed vista and i still ahve my things on D.
> What i want to do is change vista so that the user folder points to a folder
> on the D drive and all teh other folders to point to the D drive.
>
> I have changed the location of them through properties but i got a bit
> confused and ended up confusing vista and now its point everywhere for my
> files.
>
> What i want to know is how can i basically reset folder locations so that it
> is 'like new' and then i can try again.

=?Utf-8?B?TllMb2Z0MjAwMA==?=

RE: Two Hard drives - getting confused
FRanzH- I just got rid of a computer with 2 hard drives. I also had the same
problem. I ended having my partition reset, so the the D drive was
practically non-existant and the C drive became the primray drive and worked
like most computers with one drive. Once you do that you won't have the
directing to different drives issue.

Otherwise -I do not know how to make 2 drives work easily. No one was able
to help me with ath either!

"FranzH" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed vista an i am currently organizing my things and
> settling into the new OS.
>
> But i have run into problems. I have 2 Drives C and D and when i installed
> vista from xp i had all my documents (music, pictures etc) on the D drive. I
> formatted the C drive and installed vista and i still ahve my things on D.
> What i want to do is change vista so that the user folder points to a folder
> on the D drive and all teh other folders to point to the D drive.
>
> I have changed the location of them through properties but i got a bit
> confused and ended up confusing vista and now its point everywhere for my
> files.
>
> What i want to know is how can i basically reset folder locations so that it
> is 'like new' and then i can try again.

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbnpI?=

RE: Two Hard drives - getting confused
Ok, well thanks for the reply, i might just reinstall it for the 6th time and
start afresh or maybe buy a single hdd but i dont think i want to as my pc is
a 32" pctv thing and taking it apart isnt appealing to me.

"NYLoft2000" wrote:

> FRanzH- I just got rid of a computer with 2 hard drives. I also had the same
> problem. I ended having my partition reset, so the the D drive was
> practically non-existant and the C drive became the primray drive and worked
> like most computers with one drive. Once you do that you won't have the
> directing to different drives issue.
>
> Otherwise -I do not know how to make 2 drives work easily. No one was able
> to help me with ath either!
>
> "FranzH" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just installed vista an i am currently organizing my things and
> > settling into the new OS.
> >
> > But i have run into problems. I have 2 Drives C and D and when i installed
> > vista from xp i had all my documents (music, pictures etc) on the D drive. I
> > formatted the C drive and installed vista and i still ahve my things on D.
> > What i want to do is change vista so that the user folder points to a folder
> > on the D drive and all teh other folders to point to the D drive.
> >
> > I have changed the location of them through properties but i got a bit
> > confused and ended up confusing vista and now its point everywhere for my
> > files.
> >
> > What i want to know is how can i basically reset folder locations so that it
> > is 'like new' and then i can try again.

Lee

"FranzH" <FranzH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed vista an i am currently organizing my things and
> settling into the new OS.
>
> But i have run into problems. I have 2 Drives C and D and when i installed
> vista from xp i had all my documents (music, pictures etc) on the D drive.
> formatted the C drive and installed vista and i still ahve my things on D.
> What i want to do is change vista so that the user folder points to a
> folder
> on the D drive and all teh other folders to point to the D drive.
>
> I have changed the location of them through properties but i got a bit
> confused and ended up confusing vista and now its point everywhere for my
> files.
>
> What i want to know is how can i basically reset folder locations so that
> it
> is 'like new' and then i can try again.

Open your personal user-named folder on the Desktop, right-click any
subfolder and select Properties. There is a Location tab on each where you
can point to your existing saved My Documents, Favorites, etc.

Lee