Moving the Documents folder

Gordon

Moving the Documents folder
As a very new Vista user (about 5 hours!) I want to move my Documents folder
to another partition.
In XP I just right-clicked on My Documents and in the Properties window
there was a "move" option. Can't see anything like that in Vista Home
Premium. Is there?

Thanks

Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Re: Moving the Documents folder
In the Properties dialog for the Documents folder, the 'Location' tab allows
you to move the folder.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> As a very new Vista user (about 5 hours!) I want to move my Documents
> folder to another partition.
> In XP I just right-clicked on My Documents and in the Properties window
> there was a "move" option. Can't see anything like that in Vista Home
> Premium. Is there?
>
> Thanks

Bob

Re: Moving the Documents folder
Add Copy To / Move To on Windows Vista Right-Click Menu

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...ht-click-menu/

--
*Report back, please*

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> As a very new Vista user (about 5 hours!) I want to move my Documents
> folder to another partition.
> In XP I just right-clicked on My Documents and in the Properties window
> there was a "move" option. Can't see anything like that in Vista Home
> Premium. Is there?
>
> Thanks

Gordon

" Keith Miller (MVP)" <k.miller@NOSPAM.mchsi.com> wrote in message
> In the Properties dialog for the Documents folder, the 'Location' tab
> allows you to move the folder.

Thanks! I was pretty up to speed on XP, now a whole new learning curve!

John Reid

Re: Moving the Documents folder
I was following this thread and clicked on the howtogreek website and
downloaded the file. When I ran it, I got an error stating that "error
accessing the registry". I tried it with the registry editor open and
closed, and obtained the same error message. Do you have any suggestions as
to what I am doing incorrectly?

johnreid
Running Vista Home Premium 32 Bit on an Acer Aspire Laptop with 2 mgs Ram

"Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:VsadnW2AxKDN90TanZ2dnUVZ_rKtnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Add Copy To / Move To on Windows Vista Right-Click Menu
>
> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...ht-click-menu/
>
> --
> *Report back, please*
>

> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> As a very new Vista user (about 5 hours!) I want to move my Documents
>> folder to another partition.
>> In XP I just right-clicked on My Documents and in the Properties window
>> there was a "move" option. Can't see anything like that in Vista Home
>> Premium. Is there?
>>
>> Thanks

Bob

Re: Moving the Documents folder
Try right clicking>run as administrator.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm