Extracting multiple zip files

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9yeWE=?=

Extracting multiple zip files
I have downloaded loads of .zip files! I have them in folders, and when I
finished downloaded them all, I set to unzipping them all... The problem
though is that I can't unzip these many files all at once. I've selected
them all with shift and right click and click extract but it opens many
windows at a time. I've tried selecting them all and THEN selecting 'extract
all' but again, it only extracts everything from ONE file. There must be a
way to extract multiple zip files at a time. How?
Flash Gortdon

Re: Extracting multiple zip files
You can extract from multiple Zip files in one operation. Simply select two
or more Zip files in a Windows Explorer or My Computer window, right click
one of the files, and choose one of the Extract entries in the WinZip
context menu. The best choices for this operation are usually Extract to or
Extract to here using filenames for folders because both of these entries
allow you to use a separate folder for each Zip file. You can use the other
choices, however, if you want to extract all of the files to a single
folder.

Also check out

http://www.winzip.com/hints_and_tips.htm?cnda

HTH

FG

"Norya" <Norya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded loads of .zip files! I have them in folders, and when I
> finished downloaded them all, I set to unzipping them all... The problem
> though is that I can't unzip these many files all at once. I've selected
> them all with shift and right click and click extract but it opens many
> windows at a time. I've tried selecting them all and THEN selecting
> 'extract
> all' but again, it only extracts everything from ONE file. There must be
> way to extract multiple zip files at a time. How?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Extracting multiple zip files
The compression utility in Windows is fairly basic. I don't believe that it
has the capability to extract multiple zip files at the same time. You might
want to look at some third party utilities like Winzip or Freezip.

FreeZip download:
http://www.sofotex.com/FreeZip-download_L594.html

WinZip® - The Zip File Utility for Windows - Zip/Unzip, Encrypt/Decrypt:
http://www.winzip.com/index.htm

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Norya" <Norya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded loads of .zip files! I have them in folders, and when I
> finished downloaded them all, I set to unzipping them all... The problem
> though is that I can't unzip these many files all at once. I've selected
> them all with shift and right click and click extract but it opens many
> windows at a time. I've tried selecting them all and THEN selecting
> 'extract
> all' but again, it only extracts everything from ONE file. There must be
> way to extract multiple zip files at a time. How?

Nonymous

Re: Extracting multiple zip files
"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in

> The compression utility in Windows is fairly basic. I don't believe
> that it has the capability to extract multiple zip files at the same
> time. You might want to look at some third party utilities like Winzip
> or Freezip.
>
> FreeZip download:
> http://www.sofotex.com/FreeZip-download_L594.html
>

> WinZip® - The Zip File Utility for Windows - Zip/Unzip,
> Encrypt/Decrypt: http://www.winzip.com/index.htm

Also, try 7-Zip. It can also unzip multiple zip files (or rar files, etc.)
when you highlight a bunch then right-click.

http://www.7-zip.org