URLs on the Desktop using Vista Utimate 64 bit

Budgie Man

URLs on the Desktop using Vista Utimate 64 bit
Quite a few of my Web Pages when dragged onto the desktop default back to a
standard icon (namely %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll) instead of a least
the Internet Explorer icon or the Website's icon. How can I make the icon
reflect the Web Page? If I do try to change it myself it reverts back to the
default. Thanks.

Brink

Re: URLs on the Desktop using Vista Utimate 64 bit

Budgie Man;642668 Wrote:
> Quite a few of my Web Pages when dragged onto the desktop default back
> to a
> standard icon (namely %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll) instead of a
> least
> the Internet Explorer icon or the Website's icon. How can I make the
> icon
> reflect the Web Page? If I do try to change it myself it reverts back
> to the
> default. Thanks.

Hi Budgie Man,

This will show you how to have a Internet shortcut on the desktop and
keep the website's favicon instead of the default IE7 "e" icon.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-shortcut.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Budgie Man

Re: URLs on the Desktop using Vista Utimate 64 bit
Thanks anyway Brink but it is very convoluted as opposed to Windows XP where
you could just drag & drop URLs or their short cuts and they maintained the
favicons.

Budgie Man;643885 Wrote:
> Thanks anyway Brink but it is very convoluted as opposed to Windows XP
> where
> you could just drag & drop URLs or their short cuts and they maintained
> the
> favicons.
>
> "Brink" <Brink.364ay0@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> news:Brink.364ay0@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >
> > >
> > > Budgie Man;642668 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Budgie Man,
> > >
> > > This will show you how to have a Internet shortcut on the desktop and
> > > keep the website's favicon instead of the default IE7 "e" icon.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-shortcut.html
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.* > >

I agree Budgie Man. The only way that you can do this in Vista is to
set the Desktop View to "Classic Icons" size.

Shawn