Picture browsers will not display images.

artistdave

Picture browsers will not display images.
All program browsers for opening an image have suddenly started showing logos
instead of thumbnail images, even though I check "thumbnails" where available
as an option. I want to be able to view actualy image thumbnails in programs
such as Photoshop CS2, Pictures browser, my web page designer software, etc.
These all had been working fine. Any suggestions? I have Vista Home Premium.
Brink

Re: Picture browsers will not display images.

artistdave;640846 Wrote:
> All program browsers for opening an image have suddenly started showing
> logos
> instead of thumbnail images, even though I check "thumbnails" where
> available
> as an option. I want to be able to view actualy image thumbnails in
> programs
> such as Photoshop CS2, Pictures browser, my web page designer software,
> etc.
> These all had been working fine. Any suggestions? I have Vista Home
> Premium.

Hi Dave,

Check to see if this is turned on.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73...-explorer.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Picture browsers will not display images.
Open Windows Explorer, click Tools, Folder Options. Click the View tab, and then deselect the Always show icons, never thumbnails check box.

--
Regards,

Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"artistdave" <artistdave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news9CF1F99-AFB0-4446-800D-B64CC3314ACD@microsoft.com...
All program browsers for opening an image have suddenly started showing logos
instead of thumbnail images, even though I check "thumbnails" where available
as an option. I want to be able to view actualy image thumbnails in programs
such as Photoshop CS2, Pictures browser, my web page designer software, etc.
These all had been working fine. Any suggestions? I have Vista Home Premium.
rlmarr

Re: Picture browsers will not display images.

I was surfing to find the answer I needed to repair this very
problem. The link provided is extremely helpful. A Notebook owner asked
me to repair his laptop. So I gave a few suggestions to -increase
performance -and I did those steps to help. I did not know what I did to
stop the pictures from showing and this jogged my memory good. THANK YOU
to BRINK for this post!

--
rlmarr