recycle bin

david jch

recycle bin
I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I deleted
a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
What happened ?
--
djch
PaulB

RE: recycle bin
Delete it and try again.
--
Paul

"david jch" wrote:

> I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
> right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
> happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I deleted
> a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
> What happened ?
> --
> djch

david jch

RE: recycle bin

-- Paul, I had tried many times before I posted the question. In fact I just
deleted a file, and same problem.
djch

"PaulB" wrote:

> Delete it and try again.
> --
> Paul
>

> "david jch" wrote:
>
> > I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
> > right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
> > happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I deleted
> > a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
> > What happened ?
> > --
> > djch

Dustin Harper

Re: recycle bin
Give this a try and see if it fixes your problem:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...e-rebuild.html

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"david jch" <daviddhuang@example.com.(nospam)> wrote in message
>I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
> right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
> happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I
> deleted
> a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
> What happened ?
> --
> djch

Bob

Re: recycle bin
Consider this: Whenever a new error condition appears on your computer, it
is almost certain that there was some change to the computer soon before the
problem began.

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

--
*Report back, please*

> -- Paul, I had tried many times before I posted the question. In fact I
> just
> deleted a file, and same problem.
> djch
>

> "PaulB" wrote:
>
>> Delete it and try again.
>> --
>> Paul
>>

>> "david jch" wrote:
>>
>> > I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back
>> > by
>> > right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig
>> > strange
>> > happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I
>> > deleted
>> > a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
>> > What happened ?
>> > --
>> > djch

Dustin Harper

Re: recycle bin
Give this a try and see if it fixes your problem:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...e-rebuild.html

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"david jch" <daviddhuang@example.com.(nospam)> wrote in message
>I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
> right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
> happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I
> deleted
> a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
> What happened ?
> --
> djch

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: recycle bin
Hi david,

See if this applies.

Recycle Bin icon does not refresh automatically:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...matically.html

--
Regards,

Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"david jch" <daviddhuang@example.com.(nospam)> wrote in message news:8FB38FF3-A06A-4D58-93F0-F993EDE51E3D@microsoft.com...
I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I deleted
a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
What happened ?
--
djch
david jch

Re: recycle bin

-- I ended up register to Vistax64.com and I read the instructions about
icon-cache-rebuild. I couldn't even get past the step 1 ,which is ;" enter
c:\users\(your name)\AppData\Local ". No such folder. Maybe my OS is vista
home premium 32 bit, not 64.
djch

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Give this a try and see if it fixes your problem:
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...e-rebuild.html
>

> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "david jch" <daviddhuang@example.com.(nospam)> wrote in message
> >I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
> > right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
> > happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I
> > deleted
> > a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
> > What happened ?
> > --
> > djch

david jch

RE: recycle bin
THANK YOU everyone. I have solved the problem. I was on the right track all
those time, just have the steps mixed up. But, your help is most appreciated !
--
djch

"david jch" wrote:

> I had lost my recycle bin several times, and each time I got it back by
> right click, personalize,change icon etc.etc. This time somethig strange
> happened. the bin that I got back will NOT show stuff inside after I deleted
> a file.It's a perpetual Empty Bin.
> What happened ?
> --
> djch

PaulB

RE: recycle bin
Glad you sorted it out. By the way "c:\users\(your name)\AppData\Local " is a
hidden file. You must select show hidden files (Control Panel/Folder
options/View)
--
Paul