DRM folder

Oathsworn

DRM folder
Hi Folks

I am trying to d/l a tv programe, but the Vista Media Player, says "Windows
Media Player has a DRM error that prevents iPlayer from downloading and
playing programmes."
The help says "Either you are told that a "DRM reset is required" or else
the Security Upgrade button is greyed out."
Where is the Security Upgrade button, if it exists. As I have not seen a
message saying DRM reset is required. Having said that if it does need
resetting how do I do that. TIA.

Yours Chris

Bob

Re: DRM folder
Try this:
Security component upgrade
http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...it.asp?force=1

"Oathsworn" <oathsworn@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks
>
> I am trying to d/l a tv programe, but the Vista Media Player, says
> "Windows Media Player has a DRM error that prevents iPlayer from
> downloading and playing programmes."
> The help says "Either you are told that a "DRM reset is required" or else
> the Security Upgrade button is greyed out."
> Where is the Security Upgrade button, if it exists. As I have not seen a
> message saying DRM reset is required. Having said that if it does need
> resetting how do I do that. TIA.
>

> Yours Chris

Bob

Re: DRM folder
And this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...ows-vista.aspx

"Oathsworn" <oathsworn@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks
>
> I am trying to d/l a tv programe, but the Vista Media Player, says
> "Windows Media Player has a DRM error that prevents iPlayer from
> downloading and playing programmes."
> The help says "Either you are told that a "DRM reset is required" or else
> the Security Upgrade button is greyed out."
> Where is the Security Upgrade button, if it exists. As I have not seen a
> message saying DRM reset is required. Having said that if it does need
> resetting how do I do that. TIA.
>

> Yours Chris

Oathsworn

Re: DRM folder
"Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:St6dnXFurv6GgU7anZ2dnUVZ_t6onZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Try this:
> Security component upgrade
> http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...it.asp?force=1
>
> "Oathsworn" <oathsworn@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I am trying to d/l a tv programe, but the Vista Media Player, says
>> "Windows Media Player has a DRM error that prevents iPlayer from
>> downloading and playing programmes."
>> The help says "Either you are told that a "DRM reset is required" or else
>> the Security Upgrade button is greyed out."
>> Where is the Security Upgrade button, if it exists. As I have not seen a
>> message saying DRM reset is required. Having said that if it does need
>> resetting how do I do that. TIA.
>>

>> Yours Chris

Hi Bob

Thanks for the replies, I will have a look at both options and see what
works.

news:7POdnRBEmt8cgU7anZ2dnUVZ_uqvnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> And this:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...ows-vista.aspx
>
> "Oathsworn" <oathsworn@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I am trying to d/l a tv programe, but the Vista Media Player, says
>> "Windows Media Player has a DRM error that prevents iPlayer from
>> downloading and playing programmes."
>> The help says "Either you are told that a "DRM reset is required" or else
>> the Security Upgrade button is greyed out."
>> Where is the Security Upgrade button, if it exists. As I have not seen a
>> message saying DRM reset is required. Having said that if it does need
>> resetting how do I do that. TIA.
>>

>> Yours Chris

Hi Bob

Found the Security Upgrade button greyed out, so used the link above and
found the DRM folder. The only problem I can't access the folder and I
can't seem to find the right way of gaining permission to access the folder.
TIA.

Yours Chris

Bob

Re: DRM folder
Add "Take Ownership" to right-click menu in Vista

http://www.petri.co.il/add-take-owne...menu-vista.htm

--
*Report back, please*

news:qJ6dnVSymIcoQk7anZ2dnUVZ_i2dnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Add "Take Ownership" to right-click menu in Vista
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/add-take-owne...menu-vista.htm
>
> --
> *Report back, please*

<snip>

Hi Bob

Followed the instructions, but there is an error and it won't let the file
change the registry. It says it cannot import the file, error accessing
registry. TIA.

Yours Chris

Bob

Re: DRM folder
Right click>Run as administrator.
--
*Report back, please*

> Right click>Run as administrator.
> --
> *Report back, please*

<snip>

Hi Bob

That option does not appear when I right click on the file.