Lost Document?

Meagan Writer30

Lost Document?

I hope someone can help with this...

Yesterday, I opened a document (Office Student 2007) from my e-mail
account on the web (not Outlook)

I clicked "Save" repeatedly throughout the day and was never prompted
to select "Save As" and when I X'd out, it did not say "Are you sure you
want to close without saving?" so, I assumed all was well. However,
when I went back to open it, it wasn't there. I searched all the
folders, hidden folders, temp internet files, etc. but cannot find it!!
I was clicking "Save" so it has to be saved somewhere, right?

HELP!!!

--
Meagan Writer30
DP

Re: Lost Document?
Did you kill the email?

"Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.35x600@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I hope someone can help with this...
>
> Yesterday, I opened a document (Office Student 2007) from my e-mail
> account on the web (not Outlook)
>
> I clicked "Save" repeatedly throughout the day and was never prompted
> to select "Save As" and when I X'd out, it did not say "Are you sure you
> want to close without saving?" so, I assumed all was well. However,
> when I went back to open it, it wasn't there. I searched all the
> folders, hidden folders, temp internet files, etc. but cannot find it!!
> I was clicking "Save" so it has to be saved somewhere, right?
>
> HELP!!!
>

> --
> Meagan Writer30

Bob

Re: Lost Document?
Open a new doc and click Save As. Observe where it defaults to. Then look
for your "lost" doc in that folder.

"Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.35x600@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I hope someone can help with this...
>
> Yesterday, I opened a document (Office Student 2007) from my e-mail
> account on the web (not Outlook)
>
> I clicked "Save" repeatedly throughout the day and was never prompted
> to select "Save As" and when I X'd out, it did not say "Are you sure you
> want to close without saving?" so, I assumed all was well. However,
> when I went back to open it, it wasn't there. I searched all the
> folders, hidden folders, temp internet files, etc. but cannot find it!!
> I was clicking "Save" so it has to be saved somewhere, right?
>
> HELP!!!
>

> --
> Meagan Writer30

Meagan Writer30

Re: Lost Document?

Thanks you guys, but it's gone.

Frustrating because in my old system, it would have saved it to some
random folder I could find. Grrrr. Just one of the many
grievances I'm having with Vista...

--
Meagan Writer30
Dave

Re: Lost Document?
That's why you should NEVER edit an attached file without saving it first.
It doesn't matter if it's on Vista or XP.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.3612a2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Thanks you guys, but it's gone.
>
> Frustrating because in my old system, it would have saved it to some
> random folder I could find. Grrrr. Just one of the many
> grievances I'm having with Vista...
>

> Bob;638541 Wrote:
>> Open a new doc and click Save As. Observe where it defaults to. Then
>> look
>> for your "lost" doc in that folder.
>>
>> "Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.35x600@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote
>> in message
>> news:Meagan.Writer30.35x600@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >

>> > you
>> > it!!

> --
> Meagan Writer30

Meagan Writer30

Re: Lost Document?

Dave,

I assume you mean, "save as" because I did save it...over and over, all
day while I worked.

I write. I get used to just hitting save. It wasn't like I did it on
purpose. So, your "shoulda, woulda, coulda - I told you so" comment is
really not appreciated or helpful.

And fyi - my old system was old...Windows 2003...and it would have
saved he doc to some random folder I could have found with a search in
less than a minute.

But thanks anyway...

--
Meagan Writer30
Dave

Re: Lost Document?
Apparently you don't learn from past mistakes... too bad... so sad...

But with Vista, the attached file gets saved to the Temporary Internet files
folder somewhere...
I just tried looking for a .doc attached file, and found it at
C:\Users\(myaccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo ws\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\sffhda89

Windows Explorer won't show the Content.IE5 folder, even with hidden files
and OS files set to be shown.
I can see it in a CMD window by using "dir /a"
I was able to copy the edited file to a safe location and open it.

--

"Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.362kg3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Dave,
>
> I assume you mean, "save as" because I did save it...over and over, all
> day while I worked.
>
> I write. I get used to just hitting save. It wasn't like I did it on
> purpose. So, your "shoulda, woulda, coulda - I told you so" comment is
> really not appreciated or helpful.
>
> And fyi - my old system was old...Windows 2003...and it would have
> saved he doc to some random folder I could have found with a search in
> less than a minute.
>
> But thanks anyway...
>

> Dave;640966 Wrote:
>> That's why you should NEVER edit an attached file without saving it
>> first.
>> It doesn't matter if it's on Vista or XP.
>>
>> --
>> 'Windows Live Mail' (http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview)
>>

>> "Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.3612a2@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote
>> in message
>> news:Meagan.Writer30.3612a2@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >

> --
> Meagan Writer30

Dave

Re: Lost Document?
addition.....

Windows Explorer WILL show the Content.IE5 folder and subfolders, only if
you manually enter the path into the address bar.

as in....
C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tem porary Internet
Files\Content.IE5

--

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> Apparently you don't learn from past mistakes... too bad... so sad...
>
> But with Vista, the attached file gets saved to the Temporary Internet
> files folder somewhere...
> I just tried looking for a .doc attached file, and found it at
> C:\Users\(myaccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo ws\Temporary Internet
> Files\Content.IE5\sffhda89
>
> Windows Explorer won't show the Content.IE5 folder, even with hidden files
> and OS files set to be shown.
> I can see it in a CMD window by using "dir /a"
> I was able to copy the edited file to a safe location and open it.
>
> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>

> "Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.362kg3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in
> message news:Meagan.Writer30.362kg3@no-mx.forums.net...
>>
>> Dave,
>>
>> I assume you mean, "save as" because I did save it...over and over, all
>> day while I worked.
>>
>> I write. I get used to just hitting save. It wasn't like I did it on
>> purpose. So, your "shoulda, woulda, coulda - I told you so" comment is
>> really not appreciated or helpful.
>>
>> And fyi - my old system was old...Windows 2003...and it would have
>> saved he doc to some random folder I could have found with a search in
>> less than a minute.
>>
>> But thanks anyway...
>>

>> Dave;640966 Wrote:
>>> That's why you should NEVER edit an attached file without saving it
>>> first.
>>> It doesn't matter if it's on Vista or XP.
>>>
>>> --
>>> 'Windows Live Mail' (http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview)
>>>

>>> "Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.3612a2@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote
>>> in message
>>> news:Meagan.Writer30.3612a2@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >

>> --
>> Meagan Writer30

Dazed427

Re: Lost Document?
Hi Dave,

I tried typing the path in the address bar but no luck...i do not have
another drive for saving a disc.....What else can I do......

"Dave" wrote:

> addition.....
>
> Windows Explorer WILL show the Content.IE5 folder and subfolders, only if
> you manually enter the path into the address bar.
>
> as in....
> C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tem porary Internet
> Files\Content.IE5
>
> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>

> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> > Apparently you don't learn from past mistakes... too bad... so sad...
> >
> > But with Vista, the attached file gets saved to the Temporary Internet
> > files folder somewhere...
> > I just tried looking for a .doc attached file, and found it at
> > C:\Users\(myaccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo ws\Temporary Internet
> > Files\Content.IE5\sffhda89
> >
> > Windows Explorer won't show the Content.IE5 folder, even with hidden files
> > and OS files set to be shown.
> > I can see it in a CMD window by using "dir /a"
> > I was able to copy the edited file to a safe location and open it.
> >
> > --
> > http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> >

> > "Meagan Writer30" <Meagan.Writer30.362kg3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in
> > message news:Meagan.Writer30.362kg3@no-mx.forums.net...
> >>
> >> Dave,
> >>
> >> I assume you mean, "save as" because I did save it...over and over, all
> >> day while I worked.
> >>
> >> I write. I get used to just hitting save. It wasn't like I did it on
> >> purpose. So, your "shoulda, woulda, coulda - I told you so" comment is
> >> really not appreciated or helpful.
> >>
> >> And fyi - my old system was old...Windows 2003...and it would have
> >> saved he doc to some random folder I could have found with a search in
> >> less than a minute.
> >>
> >> But thanks anyway...

> >> --
> >> Meagan Writer30

Dave

Re: Lost Document?
I'm not sure what problem you are having... but, in the path I provided...

replace "David" with your Vista user name..
and there should be a space between "Internet" and "Files"

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1