Folders & Docs disappeared

markaaro

Folders & Docs disappeared

so the other day I accidentally messed up something with the properties
of all of my folders.... In the attributes I must have clicked on
something, not sure what, but now I'm missing a great deal of
information.... I tried doing a system restore, but it has only brought
back a few things but not everything.... HELP!

--
markaaro
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared
To view files in the hidden folders, follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3. Click the View tab.
4. In the Advanced settings list, click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders, and then click OK.

--
Regards,

Windows« Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"markaaro" <markaaro.35u953@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:markaaro.35u953@no-mx.forums.net...

so the other day I accidentally messed up something with the properties
of all of my folders.... In the attributes I must have clicked on
something, not sure what, but now I'm missing a great deal of
information.... I tried doing a system restore, but it has only brought
back a few things but not everything.... HELP!

--
markaaro
markaaro

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared

okay, that brought all of the folders back... but now they are aren't in
full color, they are really faded.... how to I make them look like
normal now?

--
markaaro
Bob

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared
What brought all of the folders back?

When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue.

"markaaro" <markaaro.35uvd6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> okay, that brought all of the folders back... but now they are aren't in
> full color, they are really faded.... how to I make them look like
> normal now?
>

> --
> markaaro

markaaro

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared

oopps, sorry for being vauge..... So ticked at this computer right now
that I just want answers!!!! lol

What brought the folders back was what the info the other poster left
me...

1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3. Click the View tab.
4. In the Advanced settings list, click Show hidden files and folders
under Hidden files and folders, and then click OK.

But now most of the folders are like ghost images, not full color,
which I guess means they are hidden, right? Still kinda new on a lot of
this stuff....

--
markaaro
R. C. White

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared
Hi, Bob.

Markaaro's post is getting here from "no-mx.forums.net" via the "vBulletin
USENET gateway", rather than directly to the Microsoft public news servers.
Forums.net - or whatever the real name of that site is - simply "slurps"
messages from here and posts them on its own site. That means that our
posts - and any responses originally posted there - can be delayed, out of
sequence or simply lost. :>(

Markaaro, why don't you "cut out the middleman" and post directly to the
"mother ship"? Just click here:

That one click will fire up your default news application (Outlook Express
or Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail - or whatever 3rd-party news reader you
may be using); create a News Account for the Microsoft public news server,
which is free and does not require a logon; subscribe you to this newsgroup;
download the 300 newest messages; and display the latest quote for you to
read. In other words, you will come right back here, but connected
directly, rather than through the relaying website. Later, you can click
Tools | Options and customize OE/WM/WLM to suit yourself. Be sure to check
"Include message in reply" on the Tools | Options | Send tab.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> What brought all of the folders back?
>
> When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
> so that others may learn and benefit from the issue.
>

> "markaaro" <markaaro.35uvd6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> okay, that brought all of the folders back... but now they are aren't in
>> full color, they are really faded.... how to I make them look like
>> normal now?
>>

>> --
>> markaaro

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared
Bob

You likely have 'Hide read messages' set in Windows Mail. To see the entire
thread, including the one being replied to, click View/Current View/Show all
messages.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> What brought all of the folders back?
>
> When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
> so that others may learn and benefit from the issue.
>

> "markaaro" <markaaro.35uvd6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> okay, that brought all of the folders back... but now they are aren't in
>> full color, they are really faded.... how to I make them look like
>> normal now?
>>

>> --
>> markaaro

markaaro

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared

not sure what those last two posts were about, but I'm still wondering
what I can do to make the folders appear normal... anyone have any
advice?

--
markaaro
Bob F.

"markaaro" <markaaro.35vfi4@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> not sure what those last two posts were about, but I'm still wondering
> what I can do to make the folders appear normal... anyone have any
> advice?
>

> --
> markaaro

What do they look like now?

--
BobF.

markaaro

Re: Folders & Docs disappeared

they are currently showing up, but are faded in color like they are
hidden... there are a few that are showing up normally, but most files
are not....

--
markaaro