restore my computer to a certin date

enrie

restore my computer to a certin date
Some how only one of my users whole computer was reset. the other three were
untouched. Now my question is how do i restore his computer to a last date.
I saw once one of my freinds went to this place in control panel, and he set
the date he wanted and he got it back.
Dwarf

RE: restore my computer to a certin date
Hi enrie,

To do this , you need to run 'System Restore'. Click on the start orb and
type 'system restore' into the search box. This program will appear in the
'Programs' section of the results panel. Click on it. After providing
administrative credentials, the program will appear after a short delay. The
recommended restore point will be selected (this is actually the last restore
point that has been created, whether automatically or manually), but, if this
is not the desired point you can click on 'Choose a different restore point'.
Click 'Next >'. If you chose the default restore point, the computer will
proceed to restore itself to that point in time. If you chose the other
option, you will be able to choose a restore point and, if necessary, an
older point by selecting 'Show restore points older than 5 days'. Click 'Next
>' and the computer will again proceed to restore itself to that point in

time. Note that a successful restore may or may not be possible, and that the
further back in time you go the less chance you have of a successful restore.
Generally speaking, if you choose a restore point that is less than 5 days
old, you should have no problems.
Dwarf

"enrie" wrote:

> Some how only one of my users whole computer was reset. the other three were
> untouched. Now my question is how do i restore his computer to a last date.
> I saw once one of my freinds went to this place in control panel, and he set
> the date he wanted and he got it back.

david jch

RE: restore my computer to a certin date
To system restore to a certain date :
1. open Control Panel
2. under SYSTEM & MAINTENANCE , click BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER
3. choose USE SYSTEM RESTORE ----- ( you will be asked to give permission
to continue )
4. click CHOOSE A DIFFERENT RESTORE POINT
5. a list of past activities each with a date attached. Click the date you
want, then click NEXT
6. you are now on system restore back to the date you specified.
--
djch

"enrie" wrote:

> Some how only one of my users whole computer was reset. the other three were
> untouched. Now my question is how do i restore his computer to a last date.
> I saw once one of my freinds went to this place in control panel, and he set
> the date he wanted and he got it back.

david jch

RE: restore my computer to a certin date
System Restore to a certain date : ( my os is windows vista home preium )
1. open Control Panel
2. under System & Maintenance , choose Back up your computer
3. click USE SYSTEM RESTORE ---- ( you'll be asked to give pwrmission to
continue)
4. click CHOOSE A DIFFERENT RETORE POINT
5. a list of past activities ( up to about 10 days ) each with a date
attached. Pick the date you're looking for ( if it's not older than 10 days
). Click that date , then click NEXT.
6. you are now on system restore, back to the date you specified.
That's it. Good luck!

--
djch

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi enrie,
>
> To do this , you need to run 'System Restore'. Click on the start orb and
> type 'system restore' into the search box. This program will appear in the
> 'Programs' section of the results panel. Click on it. After providing
> administrative credentials, the program will appear after a short delay. The
> recommended restore point will be selected (this is actually the last restore
> point that has been created, whether automatically or manually), but, if this
> is not the desired point you can click on 'Choose a different restore point'.
> Click 'Next >'. If you chose the default restore point, the computer will
> proceed to restore itself to that point in time. If you chose the other
> option, you will be able to choose a restore point and, if necessary, an
> older point by selecting 'Show restore points older than 5 days'. Click 'Next
> >' and the computer will again proceed to restore itself to that point in

> time. Note that a successful restore may or may not be possible, and that the
> further back in time you go the less chance you have of a successful restore.
> Generally speaking, if you choose a restore point that is less than 5 days
> old, you should have no problems.
> Dwarf
>
> "enrie" wrote:
>
> > Some how only one of my users whole computer was reset. the other three were
> > untouched. Now my question is how do i restore his computer to a last date.
> > I saw once one of my freinds went to this place in control panel, and he set
> > the date he wanted and he got it back.

Bob

Re: restore my computer to a certin date
Define "reset".