Documents recovery

DML

Documents recovery
ALL of my documents have disappeared and I cannot find them in the recycle
bin or by searching Explorer. Even the documents icon is gone. Any ideas on
how to find them?
--
Deane
Kevin

Re: Documents recovery

"DML" <DML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ALL of my documents have disappeared and I cannot find them in the recycle
> bin or by searching Explorer. Even the documents icon is gone. Any ideas
> on
> how to find them?
> --
> Deane

That is strange. Now, you face a conundrum. You don't want to be running
applications that could write over those files, if they still exist. What
were you doing prior to noticing your files were gone? Has anyone had
access to your computer? Have you run your security software to check for
malware?

Did you accidentally CUT the DOCUMENTS folder and PASTE it, instead of COPY
and PASTE in the course of backing up to another hard drive, partition or
flash drive or CD/DVD. Don't laugh, it has happened to a good many people.

I worked on a clients system, after she complained her files were missing,
for about two hours until I discovered she had done exactly that. Her files
were on an external hard drive. She had CUT them instead of COPY'ed them
and sent them to the external hard drive where she promptly forgot about
them.

03hdfatboy

Re: Documents recovery

My external drive IS my documents...
I lost a drive a while back and lost EVERYTHING :cry: so I started
using 2 drives keeping my documents on the 2nd drive, then one day Win
ME pissed me off and I reformatted the WRONG drive (they were both 100Gb
Seagates) so from then on I started unplugging my 2nd drive. Now I use
an external drive.

--
03hdfatboy

MY Baby....
RAIDMAX Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case
OCZ Extreme Gamer 850W PSU
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield
VIGOR GAMING CLT-M2I 92mm Thermal Electric CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Dominator 4GB
ATI X1950XTX + ATI X1950CF
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1800
400Gb, 320Gb SATA Seagte Barracudas