MS Office Picture Manager 2003 LOST my photos

Eric C

MS Office Picture Manager 2003 LOST my photos
I was renaming 298 pictures in MS Office Picture Manager (11.8161.8172) SP3
and after it had finished and I closed down the program I had a realization
I'd better save them to a disk (just in case something might go wrong) and
when I went into the folder I had saved them in I was SHOCKED to find there
were only 13 photos (1-5 and 291-298). What happened to 6-290???
I performed a search of my entire computer for *.jpg and *.jp* (nothing). I
ran 'Recover My Files' and searched for ALL picture files (nothing). I've
been hunting for ANYONE from several search engines that might have had the
same problem and haven't found anything yet.
I'm now completely at a loss on what to do and these photos were of my first
vacation to Disneyland :-( something I can never replace if I can't find them.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Superchikk

Re: MS Office Picture Manager 2003 LOST my photos

I am running Office 2007 and just had the same experience. I was
renaming some portraits I'd taken of my son. I selected all the photos
in the folder (54 of them), and used the rename feature, asking the
software to number sequentially. It numbered them sequentially, but
pictures 10-20 are missing. I have been unable to find them anywhere on
my hard drive.

I have already run one file recovery software with no luck and am
getting ready to try another that is more in-depth. I would love to know
if anyone else has had this problem and if it can be fixed.

--
Superchikk
woodgecko

Re: MS Office Picture Manager 2003 LOST my photos

I have Office 2007 on Vista Business. When I rename a picture in Picture
Manager to a name of a picture that already exists in the same folder, I
am horrified that it actually renames the picture and deletes the
existing picture. I have lost many pictures this way. The deleted
picture is not in the recycle bin. Could someone please test this and
tell me if the same thing happens? Thanks.

--
woodgecko

Superchikk;739200 Wrote:
> I am running Office 2007 and just had the same experience. I was
> renaming some portraits I'd taken of my son. I selected all the photos
> in the folder (54 of them), and used the rename feature, asking the
> software to number sequentially. It numbered them sequentially, but
> pictures 10-20 are missing. I have been unable to find them anywhere on
> my hard drive.
>
> I have already run one file recovery software with no luck and am
> getting ready to try another that is more in-depth. I would love to know
> if anyone else has had this problem and if it can be fixed.

Yeah, just FYI, the second recovery software I ran didn't find those
lost photos either. And then I experienced all the stages of grief.
Seriously...those portraits of my son are gone forever now. And I am
hacked. I'd love to know what the deal is with this software.

--
Superchikk
ctaudigrl

Re: MS Office Picture Manager 2003 LOST my photos

I just posted something similar - except I was trying to burn my pics to
DVD and copied the files to burn them and poof....gone...folders are
still there on the HD and the DVD but the actual files have gone AWOL?

--
ctaudigrl