Where is tech support? Favorites problem!!

haldo206

Where is tech support? Favorites problem!!
Microsoft wants $59 to answer this question. I guess this forum is to keep
them from having to pay tech support.

My question, if anyone would be kind enough to answer, is how to fix the
favorites button. When I hit that button in IE it points to a file that
doesn't exist, which is in my iTunes folder for some reason.

I can save favorites, but I can't use them.

HELP PLEASE!
Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Re: Where is tech support? Favorites problem!!
In the Start Search box, type 'regedit<Enter>' to launch the registry
editor.

navigate to the key named:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders]

In the right-hand pane, verify that the value named 'Favorites' points to
your Favorites folder. The default value is:

%USERPROFILE%\Favorites

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

"haldo206" <haldo206@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft wants $59 to answer this question. I guess this forum is to keep
> them from having to pay tech support.
>
> My question, if anyone would be kind enough to answer, is how to fix the
> favorites button. When I hit that button in IE it points to a file that
> doesn't exist, which is in my iTunes folder for some reason.
>
> I can save favorites, but I can't use them.
>
> HELP PLEASE!

haldo206

Re: Where is tech support? Favorites problem!!
Thank you Keith. Somehow I wiped out everything that was in there, but I can
reload my favorites now one at a time.

I appreciate the help.

-------------------------------

"Keith Miller (MVP)" wrote:

> In the Start Search box, type 'regedit<Enter>' to launch the registry
> editor.
>
> navigate to the key named:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
> Shell Folders]
>
> In the right-hand pane, verify that the value named 'Favorites' points to
> your Favorites folder. The default value is:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\Favorites
>

> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>

> "haldo206" <haldo206@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Microsoft wants $59 to answer this question. I guess this forum is to keep
> > them from having to pay tech support.
> >
> > My question, if anyone would be kind enough to answer, is how to fix the
> > favorites button. When I hit that button in IE it points to a file that
> > doesn't exist, which is in my iTunes folder for some reason.
> >
> > I can save favorites, but I can't use them.
> >
> > HELP PLEASE!

Keith Miller \(MVP\)

Re: Where is tech support? Favorites problem!!
You're welcome.