Any body ever use duplicate file finder?

Richerd Wang

Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
Hello everybody?
I just want to know if anybody have ever use a duplicate file finder to
manage files? Thanks in advantage.

Best wishes.

Richerd Wang

AllanIsKing is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try Directory Report
I use Directory Report
Download: http://www.file-utilities.com/downloads/wdir.zip
Home Page: Directory printer, find duplicate files, rename files, and maintain your files - all in 1 tool

It can find duplicates based on the same name, size, CRC and comparing byte-by-byte

It can generate reports to a printer and to a text, CSV, XML and HTML file

It also has many other features to help you manage your files

Re: Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
"Rose82" <Rose82.3vkxk4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I had a problem with the duplicates. I was recommended Clone Remover to
> solve this problem. I used it delete duplicate files ' duplicate music
> finder' (http://www.fileutilityblog.com/archives/228). And now I have
> only necessary files without duplicates of them.
>

> --
> Rose82

Does it also have a function for deleting duplicate newsgroups messages
stored by Windows Mail, and adjusting the database file to match
instead of just deleting the duplicate files? If so, I'd like to use it.

Even better, I'd like to be able to do the same when one file of an
apparant duplicate pair is missing or empty, and also when two
newsgroups messages have the same message ID and the same
message body contents (even if the headers of the two messages say I
downloaded them from different newsgroups providers).

It seems I need to finish some cleanup of this type in order to be able
to switch to Windows Live Mail without losing at least part of my
unusually large newsgroups messages database (hundreds of
thousands of messages).

Robert Miles

Joe User

duplicate files
Hi Richerd

I recommend Directory Report - http://www.file-utilities.com It can find duplicates based on the same name, size, CRC and/or comparing byte-by-byte.
Plus it many other file managing features - I use it all the time

Richerd Wang wrote:

Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
28-Feb-08

Hello everybody?
I just want to know if anybody have ever use a duplicate file finder to
manage files? Thanks in advantage.

Best wishes.

Richerd Wang

WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...tom-pagin.aspx

Bonfiglio111 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: duplicate files
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe User View Post
Hi Richerd

I recommend Directory Report - Duplicate File Finder - Find and remove duplicate files, byte by byte/crc32 It can find duplicates based on the same name, size, CRC and/or comparing byte-by-byte.

Richerd Wang wrote:

Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
28-Feb-08

Hello everybody?
I just want to know if anybody have ever use a duplicate file finder to
manage files? Thanks in advantage.

Best wishes.

Richerd Wang

WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting
WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting
Try Duplicate Finder from Ashisoft to find file duplicates.

jacky2011 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: duplicate files
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfiglio111 View Post
Try Duplicate Finder from Ashisoft to find file duplicates.
Has anyone tried <a href="http://smartduplicatefinder.com">Smart Duplicate Finder <a>this thing puts the others to shame. not only does it have crc32 and bit-bit compare, it also supports music meta tag comparison.
You can specify individual folders or entire drives anywhere connected to your system.

marieclaire is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richerd Wang View Post
Hello everybody?
I just want to know if anybody have ever use a duplicate file finder to
manage files? Thanks in advantage.

Best wishes.

Richerd Wang
I used only Duplicate Files Deleter so far and I like it.
Jsh80st

Re: Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Perfect Father's Day Gifts
Free Gift Box, Free One-Day Shippinghttp://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...rsion=20070822
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...39;s Day Gifts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ew Kindle Fire

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Muhsan12 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
I am having an IBM notebook which came with vista home basic
pre-installed. Using VIsta disk management, I made partition on my HDD.
After running for almost 6 months. my windows got some problem due to
which I had to run recovery disk. After running recovery disk, although
OS has been restored to original but my D: is missing. Its showing only
c: to me now. I have checked in BIOS also. I am not sure whether it has
merged the two drives if so. WHat about my data
__________________
You can check out our 640-878 free exam questions - braindumps.com and wikipedia exams written by our certified teams to help you University of Oxford You can also purchase ISC Our selftestengine is simply excellent in ICDL
Old 2 Weeks Ago
ErinWalsh's Avatar

Location: Ozark Foothills
ErinWalsh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Any body ever use duplicate file finder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhsan12 View Post
I am having an IBM notebook which came with vista home basic
pre-installed. Using VIsta disk management, I made partition on my HDD.
After running for almost 6 months. my windows got some problem due to
which I had to run recovery disk. After running recovery disk, although
OS has been restored to original but my D: is missing. Its showing only
c: to me now. I have checked in BIOS also. I am not sure whether it has
merged the two drives if so. WHat about my data
I recommend Auslogics for this particular job. It worked great for me. Hopefully you'll find it useful, as well.
Erin Walsh,
Director of PR, Boost Software