Live Icons

Live icons issue

Live Icons
Hi

I can't see thumbnails of documents in explorer in my windows vista home
prermium despite that the "always show icons" box is unchecked. How can I
enable this feature?
Dave

Re: Live Icons

"Live icons issue" <Live icons issue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6DF4C485-A1BD-4E82-B700-49CDBB4DB6C7@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> I can't see thumbnails of documents in explorer in my windows vista home
> prermium despite that the "always show icons" box is unchecked. How can I
> enable this feature?

Enable Windows Aero in Appearance Settings.

Live icons issue

Re: Live Icons
"Dave" wrote:

> "Live icons issue" <Live icons issue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:6DF4C485-A1BD-4E82-B700-49CDBB4DB6C7@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > I can't see thumbnails of documents in explorer in my windows vista home
> > prermium despite that the "always show icons" box is unchecked. How can I
> > enable this feature?

> Enable Windows Aero in Appearance Settings.

It is enabled.

message news:913E4E7F-5C16-4CCE-AADA-8D66CD221981@microsoft.com...
> "Dave" wrote:
>

>> "Live icons issue" <Live icons issue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:6DF4C485-A1BD-4E82-B700-49CDBB4DB6C7@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I can't see thumbnails of documents in explorer in my windows vista
>> > home
>> > prermium despite that the "always show icons" box is unchecked. How can
>> > enable this feature?

>> Enable Windows Aero in Appearance Settings.

> It is enabled.

Opps my mistake, when I read "Live Icons" I assumed you meant the live
thumbnails from the taskbar.

Are you saying in Windows Explorer you have no option to display files as
thumbnails under the VIEWS pulldown Menu?

Live icons issue

Re: Live Icons

"Dave" wrote:

> "Live icons issue" <Liveiconsissue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:913E4E7F-5C16-4CCE-AADA-8D66CD221981@microsoft.com...
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >

> >> "Live icons issue" <Live icons issue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:6DF4C485-A1BD-4E82-B700-49CDBB4DB6C7@microsoft.com...

> >> Enable Windows Aero in Appearance Settings.

> > It is enabled.

> Opps my mistake, when I read "Live Icons" I assumed you meant the live
> thumbnails from the taskbar.
>
> Are you saying in Windows Explorer you have no option to display files as
> thumbnails under the VIEWS pulldown Menu?

The option exists but doesn't work - I would like to see the thumbnails of
my word documents for instance but all I see is the normal doc icons.
Moreover the preview function also dose not work
(organize>arrangement>preview).
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Live Icons
Click Organize/Folder and Search Options. Select the "Show Previews and
Filters" option at the top of that dialog box. Apply/OK.

Next, go to Organize/Layout and select the Preview Pane. This should show
the preview of the .doc files.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Live icons issue" <Liveiconsissue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F23259DA-1E2D-4135-8CD6-1A72135E8922@microsoft.com...

> "Dave" wrote:
>

>> "Live icons issue" <Liveiconsissue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:913E4E7F-5C16-4CCE-AADA-8D66CD221981@microsoft.com...

>> > It is enabled.

>> Opps my mistake, when I read "Live Icons" I assumed you meant the
>> live
>> thumbnails from the taskbar.
>>
>> Are you saying in Windows Explorer you have no option to display files as
>> thumbnails under the VIEWS pulldown Menu?
>>

> The option exists but doesn't work - I would like to see the thumbnails of
> my word documents for instance but all I see is the normal doc icons.
> Moreover the preview function also dose not work
> (organize>arrangement>preview).

Live icons issue

Re: Live Icons
It doesn't work I have read all topics about this issue on this and other
forums and nothing helps. I don't know what is wrong.