File details

Tristan

File details
Does anyone know how to set default file details?
I have files of audio tracks in which I only want track name and length to
be shown; not artist, album, #, genre and rating.
At the moment I have to change each file using the 'choose details' option.
This is very tedious and when returning to a file the unwanted details keep
re-appearing!
Brink

Re: File details

Tristan;627800 Wrote:
> Does anyone know how to set default file details?
> I have files of audio tracks in which I only want track name and length
> be shown; not artist, album, #, genre and rating.
> At the moment I have to change each file using the 'choose details'
> option.
> This is very tedious and when returning to a file the unwanted details
> keep
> re-appearing!

Hi Tristan,

Method Two in this tutorial will show you how to stop Vista from
changing your folder templates on you automatically and help Vista
remember what your settings were when you closed the window last.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

These two link will show you how to manually make changes afterwards
for anything you wish to change.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77...templates.html

and

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...customize.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Tristan

Re: File details
Hi Shawn,

thankyou for your swift reply; I have now sorted that particular issue by
following the tutorials - a great resource.

Regards
Tristan.

"Brink" wrote:

> Tristan;627800 Wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to set default file details?
> > I have files of audio tracks in which I only want track name and length
> > be shown; not artist, album, #, genre and rating.
> > At the moment I have to change each file using the 'choose details'
> > option.
> > This is very tedious and when returning to a file the unwanted details
> > keep
> > re-appearing!

> Hi Tristan,
>
> Method Two in this tutorial will show you how to stop Vista from
> changing your folder templates on you automatically and help Vista
> remember what your settings were when you closed the window last.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html
>

> These two link will show you how to manually make changes afterwards
> for anything you wish to change.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77...templates.html
>
> and
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...customize.html
>

> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink

> '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

Brink

Re: File details

Tristan;628797 Wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> thankyou for your swift reply; I have now sorted that particular issue
> by
> following the tutorials - a great resource.
>
> Regards
> Tristan.
>
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Tristan;627800 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Tristan,
> > >
> > > Method Two in this tutorial will show you how to stop Vista from
> > > changing your folder templates on you automatically and help Vista
> > > remember what your settings were when you closed the window last.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html
> > >

> > > These two link will show you how to manually make changes afterwards
> > > for anything you wish to change.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77...templates.html
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...customize.html
> > >

> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Your welcome Tristan. Glad that it was able to help you.

Shawn