suddenly missing files

charliDMB

suddenly missing files
Over the past 3 days, I have worked on some images (I'm a graphics designer),
downloaded some pictures, cropped some, etc, and saved them all to my
harddrive. I accessed some of them, after I worked with them, because I
uploaded them to a program I use and they're inside the program. But all of
these recent files are suddenly gone from my computer. It's almost as if my
computer rolled back to a date before I saved them. None are there in any
folder I saved them into.

I haven't done anything to the system that would cause this.
Does anyone have any clue what would cause it? And is there anything that
could get these files back?
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: suddenly missing files
Specifically, which folder were the files saved to?

The program(?) you are using probably saved them to a sub-folder for that
program, where it stores it's data, in C:\Program Files\some program?\saved
folder?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"charliDMB" <charliDMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Over the past 3 days, I have worked on some images (I'm a graphics
> designer),
> downloaded some pictures, cropped some, etc, and saved them all to my
> harddrive. I accessed some of them, after I worked with them, because I
> uploaded them to a program I use and they're inside the program. But all
> of
> these recent files are suddenly gone from my computer. It's almost as if
> my
> computer rolled back to a date before I saved them. None are there in any
> folder I saved them into.
>
> I haven't done anything to the system that would cause this.
> Does anyone have any clue what would cause it? And is there anything that
> could get these files back?

Bob

Re: suddenly missing files
Hi "charliDMB",

If by chance you saved them to My Pictures look for them in Pictures. If you
still don't see them run System Restore to a time when you were able to
access the images.

For future reference, backup early and OFTEN to an external source
(preferably an external hard drive). It's also a good idea to make copies of
the original images and do your editing on the copies while the originals
are safely tucked away on your backup source.

Good luck.