Explore to Open Folder Too Slow

niladri

Explore to Open Folder Too Slow
I use VISTA Business. When I use My Computer -> Explore -> C:, (from left
panel), the folders under C:\ does not show up immediately like XP. It takes
long time for the folders to appear on the left panel.

How to make the folders appear immediately?
Bob

Re: Explore to Open Folder Too Slow
Try disabling the auto start programs you don't use.
How to Disable or Enable Vista Services
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/59910-services.html

"niladri" <niladri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use VISTA Business. When I use My Computer -> Explore -> C:, (from left
> panel), the folders under C:\ does not show up immediately like XP. It
> takes
> long time for the folders to appear on the left panel.
>
> How to make the folders appear immediately?

niladri

Re: Explore to Open Folder Too Slow
You did not mention Which Service in particular, I need to disable.
Did you get my problem? I said, when I right click on C: from Explorer, it
takes long to show up the folders under C:.

How do I make it faster?

-niladri

"Bob" wrote:

> Try disabling the auto start programs you don't use.
> How to Disable or Enable Vista Services
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/59910-services.html
>
> "niladri" <niladri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I use VISTA Business. When I use My Computer -> Explore -> C:, (from left
> > panel), the folders under C:\ does not show up immediately like XP. It
> > takes
> > long time for the folders to appear on the left panel.
> >
> > How to make the folders appear immediately?

Bob

Re: Explore to Open Folder Too Slow
You want <ME> to tell <YOU> what <YOU> don't use?!
<AYFS>

> You did not mention Which Service in particular, I need to disable.
> Did you get my problem? I said, when I right click on C: from Explorer,
> it
> takes long to show up the folders under C:.
>
> How do I make it faster?
>
> -niladri
>

> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Try disabling the auto start programs you don't use.
>> How to Disable or Enable Vista Services
>> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/59910-services.html
>>
>> "niladri" <niladri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I use VISTA Business. When I use My Computer -> Explore -> C:, (from
>> >left
>> > panel), the folders under C:\ does not show up immediately like XP. It
>> > takes
>> > long time for the folders to appear on the left panel.
>> >
>> > How to make the folders appear immediately?

niladri

Re: Explore to Open Folder Too Slow
Exactly! <YOU> need to mention the name of the service name that causes
slowing down and file searching every time I click 'Explore'. It must be one
or two services that cause this problem. e.g. 'File Search Service' (just
for say).

There must be something new in VISTA from XP that causes this damn slow
‘Explorer’ each time.

P.S. I don't need <YOU> to tell me what I use, rather <YOU> need to tell me
what causes VISTA to slow down.

-niladri

"Bob" wrote:

> You want <ME> to tell <YOU> what <YOU> don't use?!
> <AYFS>
>
> "niladri" <niladri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You did not mention Which Service in particular, I need to disable.
> > Did you get my problem? I said, when I right click on C: from Explorer,
> > it
> > takes long to show up the folders under C:.
> >
> > How do I make it faster?
> >
> > -niladri
> >

> > "Bob" wrote:
> >
> >> Try disabling the auto start programs you don't use.
> >> How to Disable or Enable Vista Services
> >> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/59910-services.html

thenorwegian

Re: Explore to Open Folder Too Slow

uhm... did you ever solve this? because i get the same issue with
whatever folder i open...

--
thenorwegian
Frank Holman

thenorwegian <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>uhm... did you ever solve this? because i get the same issue with
>whatever folder i open...

uhm... who are you talking to?