Recovery of Deleted Files

M.Damon

Recovery of Deleted Files
My darling sister has deleted all of my musc files (over a thousand). Instead
of choosing to send them to the Recycle Bin, which I could fix, she chose to
delete them. Please tell me I can recover my files!?
Bob

Re: Recovery of Deleted Files
Stop using your PC ASAP. The more you use it the less likely you are to
recover the files. Google "Recover Deleted Files" and "undelete". Preferably
on a different computer.

"M.Damon" <M.Damon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My darling sister has deleted all of my musc files (over a thousand).
> Instead
> of choosing to send them to the Recycle Bin, which I could fix, she chose
> delete them. Please tell me I can recover my files!?

Malke

M.Damon wrote:

> My darling sister has deleted all of my musc files (over a thousand).
> Instead of choosing to send them to the Recycle Bin, which I could fix,
> she chose to delete them. Please tell me I can recover my files!?

No back up of the thousands of files on removable media? Get yourself an
external hard drive for Next Time. Burn DVD-Rs regularly, too.

For now, see this information about data recovery:

*IMPORTANT* - It may be possible to retrieve the data by software methods.
DO NOTHING FURTHER ON THE DRIVE. The data is still on the hard drive but if
you overwrite it, it will be extremely difficult or impossible to recover
it. If you use data recovery software, install it on another machine and
either use it from that operating system or create a bootable cd/floppy and
work with that. If you don't have the skill and/or equipment to do these
procedures and the data is crucial, take the machine to a professional
computer repair shop that has experience in doing data recovery. This will
not be your local version of BigStoreUSA. In-shop data recovery is usually
not exactly cheap (for ex., my charges are generally $150-350USD), but it
normally costs less than sending the drive to a company like Drive Savers.
You need to make the determination of the value of your data and decide
what to do.

If money is no object, just send the hard drive to a professional data
recovery company like Drive Savers (my preference) or Seagate Data
Recovery. General prices run from $500USD on up. Drive Savers recovered all
the data on a failed laptop drive for one of my clients and it cost $2,700.
He thought it was worth the money; only you know what your data is worth. I
understand that some insurance companies are now covering data recovery
charges so check with yours.

Drive Savers - http://www.drivesavers.com
Seagate Data Recovery Services - https://www.seagatedatarecovery.com/

If you want to try this yourself, here are some links to various programs. I
use Easy Recovery Pro, but it is expensive. People whom I respect have
recommended R-Studio and Restoration. YMMV.

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html
PCInspector File Recovery -
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm
Executive Software ?Undelete? -
http://www.undelete.com/undelete/undelete.asp
R-Studio - http://www.r-tt.com/
File Scavenger - http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm
Ontrack's EasyRecovery - http://www.ontrack.com/software/

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Ken Blake

Re: Recovery of Deleted Files
M.Damon" <M.Damon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My darling sister has deleted all of my musc files (over a thousand).
> Instead
> of choosing to send them to the Recycle Bin, which I could fix, she chose
> delete them. Please tell me I can recover my files!?

Maybe.

"Deleting" a file doesn't actually delete it; it just marks the space as
available to be used. There are third-party programs that can sometimes
recover deleted files. The problem is that the space used by the file is
likely to become overwritten very quickly, and this makes the file
unrecoverable.

So your chances of successfully recovering this file are decent if you try
recovering it immediately after deleting it, and rapidly go downhill from
there. If you've been using the computer since then (for example to write
this question and read this answer), your chances of getting all of them
back may be poor by now.

But if the files are important enough, it's worth a try anyway. Stop using
the computer in question immediately, if you haven't done so already.
Download an undelete program (here's one:
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html but there are several others
to choose from; do a Google search) on a friend's computer and bring it
yours on a floppy to try.

If this fails, your only other recourse is to take the drive to a
professional file recovery company. This kind of service is very expensive
and may or may not work in your case.

Banjo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recovering a lost file is now not a problem with so many data recovery software available online. Data recovery software helps to recovered data even from formatted hard drive or data lost due to software malfunction, viruses or even sabotage. I have used Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software a file and partition recovery utility which provides data recovery from any type of permanent deletion. A Demo version of the software helps to see the preview of the recovered data. Demo version can be downloaded from: Partition Recovery Software recovers windows data and provides NTFS & FAT file recovery
If demo is able to show you the preview of the recovered data then get the full version to save it.
Sergey Wasilenkow

Re: Recovery of Deleted Files
>> My darling sister hasdeletedall of my muscfiles(over a thousand).
>> Instead
>> of choosing to send them to the Recycle Bin, which I could fix, she chose
>> delete them. Please tell me I canrecovermyfiles!?

You can try to recover your music files using Easy File Undelete:

http://www.munsoft.com/EasyFileUndelete/

It uses unique modern algorithms to recover files that other software
either recovers incorrectly or is unable to detect.
frigean@gmail.com

Re: Recovery of Deleted Files
In fact you can use one of the several software available to recover
your data, I personnaly use Undelete Plus but there a lot of other
software. Here's a blog I found that talk about data recovery with
some freeware

http://data-recovery-data-recovery.blogspot.com/

I hope you'll find some information
Bob

Re: Recovery of Deleted Files
When following up to a previous post, you don't need to include everything.
Snip out what's not relevant. But do include what is relevant. Some people
may have missed the original post.

==========================
Got Vista problems or questions?
Start here.
==========================
http://www.vistax64.com/search.php

<frigean@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In fact you can use one of the several software available to recover
> your data, I personnaly use Undelete Plus but there a lot of other
> software. Here's a blog I found that talk about data recovery with
> some freeware
>
> http://data-recovery-data-recovery.blogspot.com/
>
> I hope you'll find some information

god's gift

"M.Damon" wrote:

> My darling sister has deleted all of my musc files (over a thousand). Instead
> of choosing to send them to the Recycle Bin, which I could fix, she chose to
> delete them. Please tell me I can recover my files!?

god''s gift