Where's my music?

beegeemoo

Where's my music?
One day, suddenly, my Windows Media Player told me that i had not added any
tracks to my library. This caused me to almost die, since i had many tracks
and was afraid that perhaps all of my music files had disappeared from my
computer. But i looked in "My Music" folder and they were still there. I
went to the add music option in the media player and it still would not add
my tracks to the library. I can't figure out why it is doing this, but it is
very irritating. I downloaded Itunes and i don't like it nearly as much as
media player, so i would like to be able to use media player again. I am
also a college student using ruckus and itunes doesn't pick up ruckus files
like media player does. Do i have to uninstall media player and install it
again? Please help me. Thanks.
Bob

Re: Where's my music?
Control Panel>Default Programs

"beegeemoo" <beegeemoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One day, suddenly, my Windows Media Player told me that i had not added
> any
> tracks to my library. This caused me to almost die, since i had many
> tracks
> and was afraid that perhaps all of my music files had disappeared from my
> computer. But i looked in "My Music" folder and they were still there. I
> went to the add music option in the media player and it still would not
> add
> my tracks to the library. I can't figure out why it is doing this, but it
> is
> very irritating. I downloaded Itunes and i don't like it nearly as much
> as
> media player, so i would like to be able to use media player again. I am
> also a college student using ruckus and itunes doesn't pick up ruckus
> files
> like media player does. Do i have to uninstall media player and install
> it
> again? Please help me. Thanks.

beegeemoo

Re: Where's my music?
Media player was already set for default player, but i tried setting it again
making sure it was all defaults, and it still has the same problem. I have
vista and the most current version of media player.

"Bob" wrote:

> Control Panel>Default Programs
>
> "beegeemoo" <beegeemoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > One day, suddenly, my Windows Media Player told me that i had not added
> > any
> > tracks to my library. This caused me to almost die, since i had many
> > tracks
> > and was afraid that perhaps all of my music files had disappeared from my
> > computer. But i looked in "My Music" folder and they were still there. I
> > went to the add music option in the media player and it still would not
> > add
> > my tracks to the library. I can't figure out why it is doing this, but it
> > is
> > very irritating. I downloaded Itunes and i don't like it nearly as much
> > as
> > media player, so i would like to be able to use media player again. I am
> > also a college student using ruckus and itunes doesn't pick up ruckus
> > files
> > like media player does. Do i have to uninstall media player and install
> > it
> > again? Please help me. Thanks.

Bob

Re: Where's my music?
I'm not sure about this but I think it has something to do with the fact
that the folders starting with "My" are not real folders. They are "junction
points" that point to the corresponding folder without 'My".

If you go to the Music folder instead of the My Music folder you might be
able to select the songs from there and add them to WMP.

Please post back with your results.
Good luck!

> Media player was already set for default player, but i tried setting it
> again
> making sure it was all defaults, and it still has the same problem. I
> have
> vista and the most current version of media player.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Control Panel>Default Programs
>>
>> "beegeemoo" <beegeemoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > One day, suddenly, my Windows Media Player told me that i had not added
>> > any
>> > tracks to my library. This caused me to almost die, since i had many
>> > tracks
>> > and was afraid that perhaps all of my music files had disappeared from
>> > my
>> > computer. But i looked in "My Music" folder and they were still there.
>> > went to the add music option in the media player and it still would not
>> > add
>> > my tracks to the library. I can't figure out why it is doing this, but
>> > it
>> > is
>> > very irritating. I downloaded Itunes and i don't like it nearly as
>> > much
>> > as
>> > media player, so i would like to be able to use media player again. I
>> > am
>> > also a college student using ruckus and itunes doesn't pick up ruckus
>> > files
>> > like media player does. Do i have to uninstall media player and
>> > install
>> > it
>> > again? Please help me. Thanks.

R. C. White

Re: Where's my music?
Hi, beegeemoo.

Bob's on the right track, I think. Instead of looking in "My Music", point
WMP to C:\Users\beegeemoo\Music. (Substitute your own Username for
"beegeemoo" if that's not what you use.) Vista's file management structure
is not the same as in WinXP.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA