Vista (SP1) loses the search index

akita

Vista (SP1) loses the search index
Since a few days Vista inexplicably loses my search index – and I have no
idea what causes this!

This is soooooooooo annoying!!

Every time I want the index to help me search for files, I find it has
reverted to its default options (which do not include my folders), and I need
to again manually add the folders that I want in the index. This causes Vista
to rebuild its search index, taking an hour or more!

In effect, Vista’s much touted search functionality has become utterly
useless to me!

Can anyone tell me what would cause such a behaviour whereby Vista resets
indexed locations to its few (and so very limited) default indexing folders?

I run Vista Ultimate and upgraded to SP1 (the recent RTM release) with no
other search provider installed. Though regarding the latter, if I can’t get
Vista’s native search indexing back to normal, I might as well make use of
SP1’s feature whereby I can kick out Vista’s search functionality and use
Google’s, or whatever – not a preferred option, but better than no indexing!!

Thanks for all help and advice.
Steve

Re: Vista (SP1) loses the search index
Go to the link below and find out how to get Search back where it was before
SP1

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...arch-back.aspx