Documents Folder Playing Up

=?Utf-8?B?UFBL?=

Documents Folder Playing Up
I have just copied my documents from my old XP installation into the
“Documents”
folder of Vista Home Premium, however they also show up in the “User”
folder, appearing as if there were two copies of each!

Also, When I right click on the documents link from the Start button the
"Location tab does not show up & I am therefore unable to move their
location. The location tab does show up for the “Pictures & Music” links
though.

Is there any way to reset the “Documents” folder to clear up these issues?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Documents Folder Playing Up
The Documents folder that you see in the Users, is simply a mirror image of
the actual folder that is in C:\Users\username. It is shown there for
convenience.

Have you tried going to C:\Users\User name\Documents and moving the folder
from there?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"PPK" <PPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just copied my documents from my old XP installation into the
> “Documents”
> folder of Vista Home Premium, however they also show up in the “User”
> folder, appearing as if there were two copies of each!
>
> Also, When I right click on the documents link from the Start button the
> "Location tab does not show up & I am therefore unable to move their
> location. The location tab does show up for the “Pictures & Music” links
> though.
>
> Is there any way to reset the “Documents” folder to clear up these issues?

Keith Miller MVP

Re: Documents Folder Playing Up
Start Search -> shellersonal<Enter>

The above command should open an Explorer window to the folder that Vista
thinks is your Documents folder. The Properties dialog for that folder
should have a location tab.

Icons for the user's special folders (Documents, Music, Pics, etc) will
appear in the UserName folder on the Desktop regardless of the location of
the associated file folder. Only the special folders whose associated file
folders reside under 'C:\Users\UserName' will appear there.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"PPK" <PPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just copied my documents from my old XP installation into the
> “Documents”
> folder of Vista Home Premium, however they also show up in the “User”
> folder, appearing as if there were two copies of each!
>
> Also, When I right click on the documents link from the Start button the
> "Location tab does not show up & I am therefore unable to move their
> location. The location tab does show up for the “Pictures & Music” links
> though.
>
> Is there any way to reset the “Documents” folder to clear up these issues?

=?Utf-8?B?UFBL?=

Re: Documents Folder Playing Up
It is not just the documents folder, it is the entire contents that show up
in both the Users & Documents folder.

Is there a way to delete the whole folder and start again?