email search vista .eml - wlmd

mj

email search vista .eml - wlmd
Hi, I have a lot of eml emails that were created by the program
windows live mail desktop. search works fine from within that
program. but, I can't do a vista search and find any of these emails.
Anybody know what the problem might be? thanks.

Re: email search vista .eml - wlmd
You are hiding them from search. Search just searches a few places. See
indexing in Control Panel.
news831C1DA-96F4-4E89-988E-6CA516094026@microsoft.com...

<.> wrote in message news:eBrkF7aYHHA.448@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> You are hiding them from search. Search just searches a few places. See
> indexing in Control Panel.
> "mj" <mj@msftuser.com> wrote in message
> news831C1DA-96F4-4E89-988E-6CA516094026@microsoft.com...
>> Hi, I have a lot of eml emails that were created by the program
>> windows live mail desktop. search works fine from within that program.
>> but, I can't do a vista search and find any of these emails.
>> Anybody know what the problem might be? thanks.

No I have the location checked.
mj

Re: email search vista .eml - wlmd
Been experimenting some and here is what I found. Vista does index the
emails.
And it finds keywords within emails. But it doesn't find the author if you
search on author, the sender, for
example. Lets say I want to find all the emails sent from Smith1. If I type
in Smith1 in
the search field then hit the email button, it will not bring up any of the
emails sent
by Smith1. But, if Smith1 had a word "Philadelphia" in one of his emails,
and I then
searched on this exact word, vista would bring it up. I would say that there
is still some
work to do on this search integration.

"mj" <mj@msftuser.com> wrote in message
news831C1DA-96F4-4E89-988E-6CA516094026@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have a lot of eml emails that were created by the program
> windows live mail desktop. search works fine from within that program.
> but, I can't do a vista search and find any of these emails.
> Anybody know what the problem might be? thanks.

Dennis_N

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:26:30 -0500, "mj" <mj@msftuser.com> wrote:

>Been experimenting some and here is what I found. Vista does index the
>emails.
>And it finds keywords within emails. But it doesn't find the author if you
>search on author, the sender, for
>example. Lets say I want to find all the emails sent from Smith1. If I type
>in Smith1 in
>the search field then hit the email button, it will not bring up any of the
>emails sent
>by Smith1. But, if Smith1 had a word "Philadelphia" in one of his emails,
>and I then
>searched on this exact word, vista would bring it up. I would say that there
>is still some
>work to do on this search integration.

Just tried this, and that works fine. Returns result for the
author/sender. I'm using Outlook 2007.

It must be something with the client.

Regards