:-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu

isthis

:-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu
I am REALLY mad to read (winsupersite.com) that Vista Service Pack 1 R E M O
V E S the instant search field from the start menu! :-(

I use the instant search often, finding it the easiest way find a single
file that i'm not certain where lies. And now MS will punish me as a customer
by withdrawing one of the useful features of vista (instead of the many
useless ones) just because Google complains.

Microsoft, shame on you for NOT focusing on delivering a good product to
your customers, but continuing with silly stuff like RED or Version N or 8
different kinds of Vista SKU's.

One suggestion would be to make the next version of Windows configurable: on
installation one can select all ones features - the customer gets far closer
to the kind of windows he wants and competitors and antitrust-politicians get
their way too. (sort of). This would also help Microsoft figure out where to
invest development-resources.

but until then, i'll just sit here, being bitter over having lost my beloved
instant search. :-(
Dave

Re: :-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu

"isthis" <isthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am REALLY mad to read (winsupersite.com) that Vista Service Pack 1 R E M
> V E S the instant search field from the start menu! :-(
>
> I use the instant search often, finding it the easiest way find a single
> file that i'm not certain where lies. And now MS will punish me as a
> customer
> by withdrawing one of the useful features of vista (instead of the many
> useless ones) just because Google complains.
>
> Microsoft, shame on you for NOT focusing on delivering a good product to
> your customers, but continuing with silly stuff like RED or Version N or 8
> different kinds of Vista SKU's.
>
> One suggestion would be to make the next version of Windows configurable:
> on
> installation one can select all ones features - the customer gets far
> closer
> to the kind of windows he wants and competitors and antitrust-politicians
> get
> their way too. (sort of). This would also help Microsoft figure out where
> invest development-resources.
>
> but until then, i'll just sit here, being bitter over having lost my
> beloved
> instant search. :-(

SP1 does not remove the "Start Search" from the start menu. It only removes
the "search" from the right pane of the start menu.

Here is the link if you want to know more.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941946

Martin Racette

Re: :-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu
But that's the most usefull feature in Vista, with that search (on the right
side) I can find whatever I need to find on my computer, so why are they
removing it that make no sense if they put it there in the first place

When I was with XP, I tried Google search and it was useless, it could not
even find a single file, and the search feature in Vista find exactly what
I'm looking for

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

Steve

Re: :-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu
Go to the link below and find out how to get Search back where it was before
SP1

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...arch-back.aspx

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> But that's the most usefull feature in Vista, with that search (on the
> right side) I can find whatever I need to find on my computer, so why are
> they removing it that make no sense if they put it there in the first
> place
>
> When I was with XP, I tried Google search and it was useless, it could not
> even find a single file, and the search feature in Vista find exactly what
> I'm looking for
>
> "Dave" <dcox1961@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "isthis" <isthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I am REALLY mad to read (winsupersite.com) that Vista Service Pack 1 R E
>>>M O
>>> V E S the instant search field from the start menu! :-(
>>>
>>> I use the instant search often, finding it the easiest way find a single
>>> file that i'm not certain where lies. And now MS will punish me as a
>>> customer
>>> by withdrawing one of the useful features of vista (instead of the many
>>> useless ones) just because Google complains.
>>>
>>> Microsoft, shame on you for NOT focusing on delivering a good product to
>>> your customers, but continuing with silly stuff like RED or Version N or
>>> 8
>>> different kinds of Vista SKU's.
>>>
>>> One suggestion would be to make the next version of Windows
>>> configurable: on
>>> installation one can select all ones features - the customer gets far
>>> closer
>>> to the kind of windows he wants and competitors and
>>> antitrust-politicians get
>>> their way too. (sort of). This would also help Microsoft figure out
>>> where to
>>> invest development-resources.
>>>
>>> but until then, i'll just sit here, being bitter over having lost my
>>> beloved
>>> instant search. :-(

>> SP1 does not remove the "Start Search" from the start menu. It only
>> removes the "search" from the right pane of the start menu.
>>
>> Here is the link if you want to know more.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941946

> --
> Thank You in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Bob

Re: :-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu
As quoted in this weeks "Windows Secrets"

Vista SP1 removes Search from the Start menu. Microsoft took the "Search"
option off the right side of the Start menu, figuring you've already
adjusted to typing directly into the Search box (and not-so-coincidentally
working on its June 2007 agreement with the Department of Justice, in
response to Google's complaint about Vista's integrated desktop search). If
you like, you can get the search option back using a Registry tweak, as
described in Susan Bradley's blog.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...arch-back.aspx