Outlook 2007 not indexing files

AutoBarn

Outlook 2007 not indexing files
Hi there,

I have a problem within Outlook 2007 when ever I try and search through my
emails.

Whenever I perform a search of any of my mail folders, I get no results and
a message saying 'Search results may be incomplete because items are still
being indexed. Click here for more details'.

When I click for more details, I receive a message saying 'Outlook is
currently indexing your items'. And telling me that 7695 items are reminaing
in personal folders, and 17987 items are remaining across all open mailboxes.

The problem is that this number never goes down, and has been like this ever
since I started using the program. Could it be that the indexing is stuck
somehow?

I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Many thanks in advance,

Barnaby Legg

Dave

Re: Outlook 2007 not indexing files

"AutoBarn" <AutoBarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have a problem within Outlook 2007 when ever I try and search through my
> emails.
>
> Whenever I perform a search of any of my mail folders, I get no results
> and
> a message saying 'Search results may be incomplete because items are still
> being indexed. Click here for more details'.
>
> When I click for more details, I receive a message saying 'Outlook is
> currently indexing your items'. And telling me that 7695 items are
> reminaing
> in personal folders, and 17987 items are remaining across all open
> mailboxes.
>
> The problem is that this number never goes down, and has been like this
> ever
> since I started using the program. Could it be that the indexing is stuck
> somehow?
>
> I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Barnaby Legg

Check Control Panel/Indexing Options make sure Outlook indexing options
are enabled via the Advanced options.

Report back

AutoBarn

Re: Outlook 2007 not indexing files

> Check Control Panel/Indexing Options make sure Outlook indexing options
> are enabled via the Advanced options.
>
> Report back

Yes, have checked that... everything seems fine
AutoBarn

Re: Outlook 2007 not indexing files
Fine with the indexing options that is! Still has not fixed the problem in
Outlook...
Tom Ferguson

Re: Outlook 2007 not indexing files
Use the Outlook data file scan and fix programme. When the scan is complete,
try the search again.
Scanpst.exe is installed when you install Outlook. It is located at:
drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"AutoBarn" <AutoBarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have a problem within Outlook 2007 when ever I try and search through my
> emails.
>
> Whenever I perform a search of any of my mail folders, I get no results
> and
> a message saying 'Search results may be incomplete because items are still
> being indexed. Click here for more details'.
>
> When I click for more details, I receive a message saying 'Outlook is
> currently indexing your items'. And telling me that 7695 items are
> reminaing
> in personal folders, and 17987 items are remaining across all open
> mailboxes.
>
> The problem is that this number never goes down, and has been like this
> ever
> since I started using the program. Could it be that the indexing is stuck
> somehow?
>
> I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Barnaby Legg

AutoBarn

Re: Outlook 2007 not indexing files
Okay... have just repaired my data files using SCANPST.EXE, re-opened
Outlook, and same problem, I'm afraid: search finds no results, with the
message that Outlook is still indexing items.

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> Use the Outlook data file scan and fix programme. When the scan is complete,
> try the search again.
> Scanpst.exe is installed when you install Outlook. It is located at:
> drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
> "AutoBarn" <AutoBarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have a problem within Outlook 2007 when ever I try and search through my
> > emails.
> >
> > Whenever I perform a search of any of my mail folders, I get no results
> > and
> > a message saying 'Search results may be incomplete because items are still
> > being indexed. Click here for more details'.
> >
> > When I click for more details, I receive a message saying 'Outlook is
> > currently indexing your items'. And telling me that 7695 items are
> > reminaing
> > in personal folders, and 17987 items are remaining across all open
> > mailboxes.
> >
> > The problem is that this number never goes down, and has been like this
> > ever
> > since I started using the program. Could it be that the indexing is stuck
> > somehow?
> >
> > I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >
> > Barnaby Legg

Tom Ferguson

Re: Outlook 2007 not indexing files
Under search options, where is it set to search?

--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

> Okay... have just repaired my data files using SCANPST.EXE, re-opened
> Outlook, and same problem, I'm afraid: search finds no results, with the
> message that Outlook is still indexing items.
>
> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Use the Outlook data file scan and fix programme. When the scan is
>> complete,
>> try the search again.
>> Scanpst.exe is installed when you install Outlook. It is located at:
>> drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12.
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>
>> "AutoBarn" <AutoBarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > I have a problem within Outlook 2007 when ever I try and search through
>> > my
>> > emails.
>> >
>> > Whenever I perform a search of any of my mail folders, I get no results
>> > and
>> > a message saying 'Search results may be incomplete because items are
>> > still
>> > being indexed. Click here for more details'.
>> >
>> > When I click for more details, I receive a message saying 'Outlook is
>> > currently indexing your items'. And telling me that 7695 items are
>> > reminaing
>> > in personal folders, and 17987 items are remaining across all open
>> > mailboxes.
>> >
>> > The problem is that this number never goes down, and has been like this
>> > ever
>> > since I started using the program. Could it be that the indexing is
>> > stuck
>> > somehow?
>> >
>> > I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer.
>> >
>> > Many thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Barnaby Legg

AutoBarn

Re: Outlook 2007 not indexing files
Under Search options, I have the following set:

'Indexing' section shows all relevant data files ticked. I also have a tick
in the box marked 'Prompt me when search results may be incomplete'.

Search shows ticks in 'display search results as I type,' 'make searches
faster by limiting the number of results shown' and 'highlight the word that
i search for'

Deleted items is not ticked.

Instant Search Pane is set to 'Only the currently selected folder'.

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> Under search options, where is it set to search?
>
> --
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>

> "AutoBarn" <AutoBarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Okay... have just repaired my data files using SCANPST.EXE, re-opened
> > Outlook, and same problem, I'm afraid: search finds no results, with the
> > message that Outlook is still indexing items.
> >
> > "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Use the Outlook data file scan and fix programme. When the scan is
> >> complete,
> >> try the search again.
> >> Scanpst.exe is installed when you install Outlook. It is located at:
> >> drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> MSMVP 1998-2007

krykstar

"AutoBarn" wrote:

> Under Search options, I have the following set:
>
> 'Indexing' section shows all relevant data files ticked. I also have a tick
> in the box marked 'Prompt me when search results may be incomplete'.
>
> Search shows ticks in 'display search results as I type,' 'make searches
> faster by limiting the number of results shown' and 'highlight the word that
> i search for'
>
> Deleted items is not ticked.
>
> Instant Search Pane is set to 'Only the currently selected folder'.
>

> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
> > Under search options, where is it set to search?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Tom
> > MSMVP 1998-2007
> >

> > "AutoBarn" <AutoBarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Okay... have just repaired my data files using SCANPST.EXE, re-opened
> > > Outlook, and same problem, I'm afraid: search finds no results, with the
> > > message that Outlook is still indexing items.

krykstar

"AutoBarn" wrote:

> Under Search options, I have the following set:
>
> 'Indexing' section shows all relevant data files ticked. I also have a tick
> in the box marked 'Prompt me when search results may be incomplete'.
>
> Search shows ticks in 'display search results as I type,' 'make searches
> faster by limiting the number of results shown' and 'highlight the word that
> i search for'
>
> Deleted items is not ticked.
>
> Instant Search Pane is set to 'Only the currently selected folder'.
>

> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
> > Under search options, where is it set to search?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Tom
> > MSMVP 1998-2007
> >

> > "AutoBarn" <AutoBarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Okay... have just repaired my data files using SCANPST.EXE, re-opened
> > > Outlook, and same problem, I'm afraid: search finds no results, with the
> > > message that Outlook is still indexing items.

> > Is there a solution to this? Outlook searched my contacts just fine until one day it just stopped and now gives me the same results noted above.

Thanks

Krykstar