About deleted files

=?Utf-8?B?U2VyYmFu?=

About deleted files
I had some troubles using a program with Vista. The program installs itself
in the Program Files folder, and the trouble is that it cannot save some
files there if it is not run "as administrator" (although I have an
administrator user.)

I installed the program a couple of times in different folders and manually
deleted previous folders.

With the latest install I realised that when I try to open a saved file from
the program, I am able to see all the previous install folders and their
files, and I can load deleted files. But when I open Explorer, the previous
are not there (those files are not even in the Recycle Bin).
On XP this is not happening.

How is this possible?
Rat_uk

Re: About deleted files
you need to go to the control panel, user accounts ans TURN OFF account
control.

"Serban" <Serban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had some troubles using a program with Vista. The program installs itself
> in the Program Files folder, and the trouble is that it cannot save some
> files there if it is not run "as administrator" (although I have an
> administrator user.)
>
> I installed the program a couple of times in different folders and
> manually
> deleted previous folders.
>
> With the latest install I realised that when I try to open a saved file
> from
> the program, I am able to see all the previous install folders and their
> files, and I can load deleted files. But when I open Explorer, the
> previous
> are not there (those files are not even in the Recycle Bin).
> On XP this is not happening.
>
> How is this possible?

Rat_uk

Re: About deleted files
if i were you i would format and upgrade again (backing all your stuff up
first of course)
"Serban" <Serban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had some troubles using a program with Vista. The program installs itself
> in the Program Files folder, and the trouble is that it cannot save some
> files there if it is not run "as administrator" (although I have an
> administrator user.)
>
> I installed the program a couple of times in different folders and
> manually
> deleted previous folders.
>
> With the latest install I realised that when I try to open a saved file
> from
> the program, I am able to see all the previous install folders and their
> files, and I can load deleted files. But when I open Explorer, the
> previous
> are not there (those files are not even in the Recycle Bin).
> On XP this is not happening.
>
> How is this possible?

=?Utf-8?B?U2VyYmFu?=

Re: About deleted files
How would this help?

"Rat_uk" wrote:

> you need to go to the control panel, user accounts ans TURN OFF account
> control.
>

> "Serban" <Serban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had some troubles using a program with Vista. The program installs itself
> > in the Program Files folder, and the trouble is that it cannot save some
> > files there if it is not run "as administrator" (although I have an
> > administrator user.)
> >
> > I installed the program a couple of times in different folders and
> > manually
> > deleted previous folders.
> >
> > With the latest install I realised that when I try to open a saved file
> > from
> > the program, I am able to see all the previous install folders and their
> > files, and I can load deleted files. But when I open Explorer, the
> > previous
> > are not there (those files are not even in the Recycle Bin).
> > On XP this is not happening.
> >
> > How is this possible?

=?Utf-8?B?U2VyYmFu?=

Re: About deleted files
Vista was installed on a clean system. Nothing was lost nor broken by the
installed program (yet). I tested on a Windows XP, only to see if that happen
on XP and I didn't knew about it.

I am just hoping to get a good explication for the fact that when I tried to
use the load with that program a saved file, I can see among my files and
folders, files that I manually deleted and cannot be seen with Explorer and
are not even in Recycle Bin.

"Rat_uk" wrote:

> if i were you i would format and upgrade again (backing all your stuff up
> first of course)
> "Serban" <Serban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had some troubles using a program with Vista. The program installs itself
> > in the Program Files folder, and the trouble is that it cannot save some
> > files there if it is not run "as administrator" (although I have an
> > administrator user.)
> >
> > I installed the program a couple of times in different folders and
> > manually
> > deleted previous folders.
> >
> > With the latest install I realised that when I try to open a saved file
> > from
> > the program, I am able to see all the previous install folders and their
> > files, and I can load deleted files. But when I open Explorer, the
> > previous
> > are not there (those files are not even in the Recycle Bin).
> > On XP this is not happening.
> >
> > How is this possible?

Re: About deleted files
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387/en-us