Pin to Startmenu

=?Utf-8?B?U29uamE=?=

Pin to Startmenu
Hi,

in previous versions of Vista (Beta) it was possible to pin a network drive
to the Startmenu. I don't see a direct way in Vista Business final. I can pin
any application to the start menu and then edit the properties, but I wonder
if there is an easier solution?

And, if I want to pin applications automatically to the startmenu (I'm
responsible for software distribution in our company), where do I have to put
the links?

Regards
Sonja

Re: Pin to Startmenu
One couldn't do it in XP by design.

You can't (easily anyway) as it is designed to prevent anyone but the user
from pinning items. This is because a lot of crappy programs added icons to
Quick Launch, top level Start, a folder in Start, an icon on the desktop,
and an app to run in System Notification area (not to mention toolbars).

"Sonja" <Sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1D4434B-51F1-4DE3-BD67-86E734A41EDC@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> in previous versions of Vista (Beta) it was possible to pin a network
> drive
> to the Startmenu. I don't see a direct way in Vista Business final. I can
> pin
> any application to the start menu and then edit the properties, but I
> wonder
> if there is an easier solution?
>
> And, if I want to pin applications automatically to the startmenu (I'm
> responsible for software distribution in our company), where do I have to
> put
> the links?
>
> Regards
> Sonja

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Pin to Startmenu
I thought you'd jump in.

--
Regards,

<.> wrote in message news:Oge0cI0XHHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
One couldn't do it in XP by design.

You can't (easily anyway) as it is designed to prevent anyone but the user
from pinning items. This is because a lot of crappy programs added icons to
Quick Launch, top level Start, a folder in Start, an icon on the desktop,
and an app to run in System Notification area (not to mention toolbars).

"Sonja" <Sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1D4434B-51F1-4DE3-BD67-86E734A41EDC@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> in previous versions of Vista (Beta) it was possible to pin a network
> drive
> to the Startmenu. I don't see a direct way in Vista Business final. I can
> pin
> any application to the start menu and then edit the properties, but I
> wonder
> if there is an easier solution?
>
> And, if I want to pin applications automatically to the startmenu (I'm
> responsible for software distribution in our company), where do I have to
> put
> the links?
>
> Regards
> Sonja

=?Utf-8?B?U29uamE=?=

Re: Pin to Startmenu
Hi,

thanks for your answers. I understand, that I cannot pin programms to start
menu automatically. But is it possible to pin a link to a network to the
start menu manually?

Regards
Sonja