What are the default Vista programs in "Media Center Programs"?

Rick Bywater

What are the default Vista programs in "Media Center Programs"?
I just noticed that in "Start > All Programs > Accessories > Media Center >
Media Center Programs"
I have a shortcut to SiSoftware's Sandra Lite XI.SP1 (that I installed last
week). It's weird because the icon for that start menu entry has the green
circle windows icon that one sees for Media Center. Sandra Lite does have
its own rightful place in my start menu in an SiSoftware folder, so that's
not a problem. I'm afraid I may have lost some other start menu entries in
the "Media Center Programs"
folder.

Would someone running Vista Home Premium please click through
"Start > All Programs > Accessories > Media Center > Media Center Programs"
and tell me what program(s) they see that were placed there by default
during the Vista installation/upgrade?

Thanks a lot.

Rick

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbi1EZWFu?=

RE: What are the default Vista programs in "Media Center Programs"?
Hi,

The folder

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Media Center > Media Center Programs

was probably created by the Sandra Lite installation. It doesn't exist on
Vista by default (the folder was used, however, for XP MCE). The installer
should have put the file (probably a shortctut to an *.mcl file) in

C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Media Center Programs

An *.mcl file has an icon like Media Center's, and allows programs to opened
within Media Center. It will show up in Media Center's Program Library
(under Online Media) if the shortcut is placed in C:\Users\(YOUR USER

"Rick Bywater" wrote:

> I just noticed that in "Start > All Programs > Accessories > Media Center >
> Media Center Programs"
> I have a shortcut to SiSoftware's Sandra Lite XI.SP1 (that I installed last
> week). It's weird because the icon for that start menu entry has the green
> circle windows icon that one sees for Media Center. Sandra Lite does have
> its own rightful place in my start menu in an SiSoftware folder, so that's
> not a problem. I'm afraid I may have lost some other start menu entries in
> the "Media Center Programs"
> folder.
>
> Would someone running Vista Home Premium please click through
> "Start > All Programs > Accessories > Media Center > Media Center Programs"
> and tell me what program(s) they see that were placed there by default
> during the Vista installation/upgrade?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Rick

Rick Bywater

Re: What are the default Vista programs...? Is not a default folder
Dean-Dean

'Splains all. Thanks.

Rick