How can I get Windows Explorer to....

Nita Klew

Re: How can I get Windows Explorer to....
Just curious. Maybe I'm missing something I should know about. Anyone else
know of a practical reason for this (withoug getting cranky about it)?

"Phil" <phil.k2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You stick to how YOU want Windows Explorer to work, Nina, I'll look after
> my own.
>

> "Nita Klew" <nereply@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Pardon my ignorance, maybe there's a reason for this. But what's the
>> purpose of changing the Explorer default folder? Wouldn't it make more
>> sense just to click Start and choose Computer when you want to open your
>> Computer folder? Click Start and choose Documents (or some other folder)
>> when you want to open that folder? You end up in Explorer and the folder
>> you want regardless.
>>
>> "Phil" <phil.k2@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> ....open at my hard drives as opposed to Desktop ?
>>> There was a simple fix to use on XP, but that doesn't work here -
>>> C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE ,/n, /e, /select, c:\
>>> Is there something similar to get the same end result on Vista ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Phil K

dn

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 15:49:46 -0000, "Phil" <phil.k2@gmail.com> wrote:

>....open at my hard drives as opposed to Desktop ?
>There was a simple fix to use on XP, but that doesn't work here -
>C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE ,/n, /e, /select, c:\
>Is there something similar to get the same end result on Vista ?

Try: C:\Windows\explorer.exe /n, /e, /select, c:\

note the missing , before /n

Regards
Nita Klew

Re: How can I get Windows Explorer to....
Pardon my ignorance, maybe there's a reason for this. But what's the purpose
of changing the Explorer default folder? Wouldn't it make more sense just to
click Start and choose Computer when you want to open your Computer folder?
Click Start and choose Documents (or some other folder) when you want to
open that folder? You end up in Explorer and the folder you want regardless.

"Phil" <phil.k2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ....open at my hard drives as opposed to Desktop ?
> There was a simple fix to use on XP, but that doesn't work here -
> C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE ,/n, /e, /select, c:\
> Is there something similar to get the same end result on Vista ?
>
> --
> Phil K

Phil

"dn" <dn@nospam.dk> wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 15:49:46 -0000, "Phil" <phil.k2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>....open at my hard drives as opposed to Desktop ?
>>There was a simple fix to use on XP, but that doesn't work here -
>>C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE ,/n, /e, /select, c:\
>>Is there something similar to get the same end result on Vista ?

> Try: C:\Windows\explorer.exe /n, /e, /select, c:\
>
> note the missing , before /n
>
> Regards

Absolutely brilliant.
Cheers, dn - you're a gent !

Phil

Re: How can I get Windows Explorer to....
You stick to how YOU want Windows Explorer to work, Nina, I'll look after my
own.

"Nita Klew" <nereply@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Pardon my ignorance, maybe there's a reason for this. But what's the
> purpose of changing the Explorer default folder? Wouldn't it make more
> sense just to click Start and choose Computer when you want to open your
> Computer folder? Click Start and choose Documents (or some other folder)
> when you want to open that folder? You end up in Explorer and the folder
> you want regardless.
>
> "Phil" <phil.k2@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> ....open at my hard drives as opposed to Desktop ?
>> There was a simple fix to use on XP, but that doesn't work here -
>> C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE ,/n, /e, /select, c:\
>> Is there something similar to get the same end result on Vista ?
>>
>> --
>> Phil K

Keith Miller MVP

Re: How can I get Windows Explorer to....
Creating a shortcut to the desired drive/folder is usually identical in most
cases. Especially now in Vista where Open vs Explore as the default for a
folder changes dynamically with whether or not the Navigation pane was
displayed with the last folder closed.

--
Good Luck,

Keith