Burning Cd's

dakota64

Burning Cd's
2 questions.. >> When I burn either data or audio using Windows
Ultimate, everything appears to be normal, the DVD disc shows, the data and
play' s the audio...
But when i attempt to read the date and play audio on another machine or
laptiop the disc is shown as empty. It seems the stuff I have supoosedly
burnt is not burnt but is retained in memory only!

Using Nero Ver 7 my data and audio burns correctly. However my Laptop Using
Windows Ultimate, will only read CD's and not DVD's

Would someone offer a little help
Thjanks
DjLevel9

Re: Burning Cd's

There is a few update for this i been through this before with vistas
not reconising the dvds or trying to record dvd's .

there are a few updates for dvd recordings for dvix mpeg avi .mov you
need to down load the update that puts this in you're dvd burnner should
also have updates from the manafacture recomends some dvd burnners won't
work with a lot dvd software off the net and makes you're dvd player
incompadible to burn and show the dvd after you record it.

first check with the Manifacture of you're cd/dvd/rom player see what
driver's software you may need
there's anydvd Nero and a few others there was DVD Santa but the paid
version is better it's the software they use that works with you're dvd
player try Google to search for Free DVD Burner Software, there are
cracks for the software but Limewre would be a food start to find them
but becarful what you're down load if it says KB it's a virus MB uselly
the larger file for the software.

--
DjLevel9
dakota64

Re: Burning Cd's

"DjLevel9" wrote:

> There is a few update for this i been through this before with vistas
> not reconising the dvds or trying to record dvd's .
>
> there are a few updates for dvd recordings for dvix mpeg avi .mov you
> need to down load the update that puts this in you're dvd burnner should
> also have updates from the manafacture recomends some dvd burnners won't
> work with a lot dvd software off the net and makes you're dvd player
> incompadible to burn and show the dvd after you record it.
>
> first check with the Manifacture of you're cd/dvd/rom player see what
> driver's software you may need
> there's anydvd Nero and a few others there was DVD Santa but the paid
> version is better it's the software they use that works with you're dvd
> player try Google to search for Free DVD Burner Software, there are
> cracks for the software but Limewre would be a food start to find them
> but becarful what you're down load if it says KB it's a virus MB uselly
> the larger file for the software.
>

> --
> DjLevel9

Thank you for your quick response.
Nero has offered to upgrade from V7.0 to V8.0 at a cost (no thanks)
Am pleased it was not the fault of my making (thought I was going barmy) as
you also have suffered similar traumas. I'll try COMPAC (my laptop maker...
for burning updates.
I'm getting constant updates from Vista, maybe..maybe the problem has been
solved. i'm just too scared to waste another DVD (although I do use the
'duds' by hanging them around my fruit trees to scare off the birds (smile)

I tried Limewire for 'freebies' without success, either I lack the
intelligence to use them or my choices have been S.U.S

Thanks for you time and effort. Much appreciated.
Roy (South Australia)