Missing "Documents" folder?

Daniel

Missing "Documents" folder?
Here is my problem: the Documents folder in the folder with the music, video,
etc. folders has gone missing. All of the other folders are there, except for
Documents. Luckily, I had nothing important in it yet because I had just
bought my laptop.

This all started when I installed (from CD) Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. When
this happened, I noticed 2 Documents folders. One of them had the Roller
Coaster Tycoon 3 data in it, and the other had everything else. Since then, I
have uninstalled RCT3 (and for some reason, am unable to reinstall it).

The double was still there, so I deleted it. Then, I couldn't get the Start
menu Documents button to work, so I restarted my computer. Then, another
Documents folder came up, along with the one with all my work. So I copied
all my work from the original into the new one that actually opens when I
choose the Start menu icon and deleted the old one.

Now, neither of them are there. :-O

I don't know how because I only deleted one. Someone help? (I have restarted
since then, no help)
brink

Re: Missing "Documents" folder?

Daniel;533723 Wrote:
> Here is my problem: the Documents folder in the folder with the music,
> video,
> etc. folders has gone missing. All of the other folders are there,
> except for
> Documents. Luckily, I had nothing important in it yet because I had
> just
> bought my laptop.
>
> This all started when I installed (from CD) Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.
> When
> this happened, I noticed 2 Documents folders. One of them had the
> Roller
> Coaster Tycoon 3 data in it, and the other had everything else. Since
> then, I
> have uninstalled RCT3 (and for some reason, am unable to reinstall it).
>
> The double was still there, so I deleted it. Then, I couldn't get the
> Start
> menu Documents button to work, so I restarted my computer. Then,
> another
> Documents folder came up, along with the one with all my work. So I
> copied
> all my work from the original into the new one that actually opens when
> choose the Start menu icon and deleted the old one.
>
> Now, neither of them are there. :-O
>
> I don't know how because I only deleted one. Someone help? (I have
> restarted
> since then, no help)

Hi Daniel,

Try this:
1. In the white line (Start Search) area of the Start Menu, type
"shell:Personal" (no quotes) and press Enter.

This should open the the Documents folder.

2. In the Windows Explorer address bar, click on the folder next to the
Documents folder.
3. Right click on Documents and click Properties.
4. Make sure the Location as the correct default path.

See this tutorial for how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-location.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Daniel

Re: Missing "Documents" folder?
Thanks, but i just reinstalled Windows, and it came back (surprisingly)